To long diablo keys

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
I bought Diablo 2 and its expansion for some fun, left all my old CD when I moved. But my laptop doesn't have an optical drive so I thought that I'd download the images and mount them for installation.

The problem is, the keys I got in my D2 boxes are 26 characters long while the installation only can take 16 character long keys, what's up with that?

//==GooS

PS: Found a post of the opposite problem, he has 16 char keys but a 26 char installer which he said he downloaded from blizzard, anyone know were you can download the images from blizzard? I searched around but couldn't find them :/

Edit: I'm going to do something no one else did in the related forum posts, explain how they solved it.

Blizzard upgraded all the old CD keys of 16 digits to 26 digits, don't really know why but a guess would be to have the same length on all keys over battle.net.

You can register on battle.net, and with your old 16 digit key and get your new 26 digit key given to you.

On battle.net you may also download the game clients when adding them to your game-list with you 26 digit key.

Hope that helps anyone with the same-ish problems.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.