To people who think they can't write

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
Have you ever read anything that I have written? It's not bad right? Well, keep in mind that I just got my grade back for Freshmen Composition (English essentially). It's a class that is primarily focused on writing essays and the like, and I had a grammar nazi for a teacher who knew grammar better than anyone. Of course, grammar nazi's are a good thing because without them we would not have proper grammar.

Well, I got a B. In fact, I only ever got one A in that class the whole semester. Do I think I am a B writer? Maybe, but I know I have the potential of an A writer; all my teacher showed me is that I needed improvement in certain areas.

So let me just tell you, the problem isn't you can't write, it's just you need some improvement in certain areas. What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? To become a better writer, practice with your weaknesses, write with your strengths (for things you want people to read). If your weakness is poor grammar, find a grammar nazi, and learn from them.

I always hear people saying they can't write. Of course they can't, they never do it. They probably don't read much either. But even mister "I can't write" could eventually become a decent writer if he picked up the pen/keyboard and read a little more.

Don't give up, everyone has the potential to be an evoking writer, you just don't know it yet.

TL;DR you need to read more, write more and learn more.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
It's spelled Nazi.

Kurt Vonnegut graded his novels before. He didn't give himself too many A's. I think we all can improve.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
Oh duh, I can't believe I misspelled that. I'll fix that right now, thanks for the heads up.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I agree with this, its pretty much the same case with Roleplaying. Many people just need to try it, I can say that 75% of the time people become decent after the first 3 posts, if they are not naturals. It may seem tough at first Writing and Roleplaying but it becomes eventually easier and fun. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.