ToB O BETA is out.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
After all these years, Tides of Blood is back in business with new version O(rgasm).

If you enjoy beta testing new cool maps, pwning some guyes, or are just plain curious person visit at tidesofblood.com and test it.

Theres also some noobs from ToB forums hosting games at East, if you wanna play with us.

Peace. (and lots of blood)

Viikuna over and out.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Yep. And other cool stuff too. Its currently hugely imbalanced and full of bugs, but still pretty neat.

So, it would be cool if you guys could test it, find bugs and complain about how imba everything is, so Cassiel and the team can do something about it.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Eh, I've hosted it a few times in my 'country's room'. Most said it was epic, except one said it was bad because you didn't need to 'last hit like in DotA', and that some skils are just copies from DotA, eg Meat Hook / Ancient Mariner's Ultimate.

It's fancy :)

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Neat.

Teams are currently: Jean, Malf, Quiz, Battle Rager, Cow and Blood Mage versus Rat, Witch Doctor, DotM, Phantom Queen, Jimmy and Pory.

Also other cool guys like Leto are making a comeback in future versions.

Just a quick fact: DotA copied Boat ulti from ToB. As they did with Pheonix wake too. ToB copied hook from DotA, though.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Macs are currently having a huge array of problems. They are gathering some list of all mac related issues, like that icon thingy you posted.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Hehe, played this yesterday once (as it happens, in a game with you Viikuna; my nick was Tupolev).

Seems like it'll probably need some severe work, but as first public versions of a completely remade map go it's very amazing.

I'm completely stunned by how amazingly trigger-integrated everthing is. I was always hoping for DotM's new ult to be amazing; as stupid as his old one was, it had some class. When I read the tooltip on the new one, and I saw "projectiles", I was like, "YES!"

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Just a quick fact: DotA copied Boat ulti from ToB. As they did with Pheonix wake too. ToB copied hook from DotA, though.

That's what I kind of suspected after reading that "Valve and DotA' thread how DotA stole everything. But even if ToB copied hook, they sure as hell made it a lot better!

Now I see what Flying Dutchman is as well :) All with an Impale model :O

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Hehe, played this yesterday once (as it happens, in a game with you Viikuna; my nick was Tupolev).

Seems like it'll probably need some severe work, but as first public versions of a completely remade map go it's very amazing.

I'm completely stunned by how amazingly trigger-integrated everthing is. I was always hoping for DotM's new ult to be amazing; as stupid as his old one was, it had some class. When I read the tooltip on the new one, and I saw "projectiles", I was like, "YES!"

I remember you, neat.

And the interaction is indeed amazing. Quiz can like reflect anything. Battle Rager cant do shit with his spells inside Blueshift. Its just simply cool.

Too bad I cant acces wc3 for next few days, which kinda means no ToB :(

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Dont really understand what you are saying, but I kinda doubt that you could finish a game in 20 minutes. Even though its supposed to be faster to finish than N was, the games still tend to last pretty long.

Reaction score
It seems the time they used to make it wasn't worth it. I can't see where they wasted all of it.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Please elaborate.

If you are complaining about the amount of content in the map, its because
this beta version doesnt have all the stuff that has been made this far.

Also its time consuming, to for example invent and write all the needed systems to replace wc3 own projectiles, buffs ability thingies and other mechanics.

The amount of time that was used to make the map was deffinetly not wasted. The problem is more like to find time for that map making. Its not like Cassiel and Erwt and others are doing it for living or anything.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.