Other [Tool] WC3 Item & Skill Designer [+Nice Calculators]

MagicForrest

Reaction score
Hello,

i hope it's okay to post such a project here. The forum description says "maps and projects"..
I want to show you my WC3 Item & Skill Designer, a powerful and very useful tool for wc3 mappers.

It have many features but it takes long to write the whole featureslist, so ill just copy the text i wrote for other sites. Hope it's ok :)

WC3 Item & Skill Designer is a tool to create professional item and skill tooltips in
seconds! This tool offers many useful features for mapper.
WC3 Item & Skill Designer ist completely customizable.
For RPG-Creators/Mappers this tool offers a lot of nice features that are used by default
(But you can remove them), like Item Quality/Rarity, Item Typ and Required Class for the
item. Atm im working only on the item creator / item designer part, the skill designer is a
bit poor atm. But there are some other cool features you maybe can use.

There are some calulators, like a armor (damage reduction) calculator, damage/dps
calculator, effectife hp calculator (good for balancing, and with a evasion calulator
(stack) and a exp calculator. Just try it out!

And thats not all. There is also a name generator! (Next version) Generate names for your
heros with just a few clicks. Fully customizable, and even scriptable.
Woah still more.. There is a w3x import too! (Not activated, ill finish and activate it when

i got some more feedback and maybe more ppls on fb page).
No need to open world-editor just to edit some items or skills. And maybe even more.
So far i got the import of most of the files done (stuff i need, and stuff i dont need, but

maybe will use later) and everything is working. Just need to add the list/edit feature.

Requirements:
Some time for Feedback/Comment/Like :p
OS: Windows XP SP2/3 or later, Linux: with Mono it should work (untested)
CPU: 1,5 Ghz
Ram: 512 MB (or whatever your OS need to run smooth.. The tool itself only needs a few MB)

Short Video - HowTo & Tool In Use

Always the latest news, and a version with higher limits for friends: Official FB site
http://www.facebook.com/Wc3ItemSkillDesigner

Official website. Some info and download
http://www.t34.at/wc3itemskilldesigner

Official forums - Here you can discuss and leave a comment or whatever.
http://forum.magicforrest.de/viewforum.php?f=41

Here some Screenshots... (They are outdated, now there is a damage/armor calculator and some other new stuff..)

F3C5DE9F3390B2564B137B7510BE7665.jpg

E8E89F109A0927877B5DF7FDBFD07259.jpg

WC3 Item & Skill Designer is a tool that generates item and skill tooltips for warcraft3.

Quite simple, eh? But its a bit more ;)

How much time you spend on creating item or skill tooltips? Make a nice text, add a good color, and so many stuff... After a while the strings get very chaotic and are hard to edit. but not with WC3 Item & Skill Designer!

Just add a Name and Description, and all other stuff is done with the mouse!
Save your items and skills so you can load them if you want to edit some details.
With just one click this tool puts the right contennt in your clipboard, so the only thing you have to do it press CTRL+V in WE.

You can create many custom values for items, each with a other color.
WC3 Item & Skill Designer colors all the strings (for WE-use), and also provides a live preview!! If you like it, have a new idea, found a bug or whatever just let me know!

Ah and before i forget... there is one contra. You have to create your item qualitys, typs, classes and boosts 1 time. Yeah its just one time and not that much of work, but its still some tme you need. Soon ill make a small video where you can see this tool in action and how to setup it right.

More info & Download: http://www.t34.at/wc3itemskilldesigner/
Always the latest news, polls for featuers and other stuff and feedback here pls.. http://forum.magicforrest.de/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=17017&p=21661

Any feedback is welcome!
Have fun. If you like it - like it :)

MagicForrest

Reaction score
Seems really cool. What about hotkeys? And does it have the default player colors?
Hey.
Thanks :) Yeah there are 2 HotKeys - Ctrl+C and F5. That's all ull need. (I think.. )
No, it dosn't have default player colors.
Its a Item / Skill Creator. But i can add the default colors to the Colorize Tab if you want.
For what you need them? Create colorized strings in player-colors?

RedOrb

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hey MagicForrest, this seems like a great tool to have. However, at the moment I can't use it myself. I'm running Windows XP and every time I open the file, it force closes before I can do anything. I've tried re-downloading but the same happens continually.

Cheers.

MagicForrest

Reaction score
Do you have SP2? Do you see the splash (Loading) Screen, or just nothing?
Any message pops up? Error?
The tool close itself if the config file exceeds the limits or it cant check for updates. But if this happens a small message box should pop up with info.
This tool requires .Net Framework 2.0. But if you can run the tool without a error at start you should have it..

RedOrb

Reaction score
Do you have SP2? Do you see the splash (Loading) Screen, or just nothing?
Any message pops up? Error?
The tool close itself if the config file exceeds the limits or it cant check for updates. But if this happens a small message box should pop up with info.
This tool requires .Net Framework 2.0. But if you can run the tool without a error at start you should have it..

Hey man. SP3 here, and nothing pops up, just the error ye. I have all the frameworks up to 4.

MagicForrest

Reaction score
I created a small release with actionslog.
Download it here: http://www.t34.at/wc3itemskilldesigner/download/dbg/WC3Item&SkillDesigner.zip

Unzip & Run, if it not close itself close it (you cant use this release).
Go to "%appdata%\magicforrest\wc3itemdesigner\log" (Just paste as directory path) and open EventLog (Notepad or any other texteditor).
Copy all lines and paste here or send via PN.
It only logs some steps it makes when the tool is started.
Maybe i can find out where is the problem with this.
If no log is created.. hm.. then i need more time. :)

RedOrb

Reaction score
Hey man. Thanks for the replies, I tried that version and this is what happened:

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    140.8 KB · Views: 467

MagicForrest

Reaction score
Hm.. could you give it a last try? Download it from the same link again.
Now its with the not used dll (Shouldnt change anything, but who knows..) and try to write to to log before rendering the GUI (so maybe this time there is a log?).
If its still not working.. i need more time. Have no idea where the problem could be.
It could be because of the .Net Framework (Maybe a corrupt file in 2.0 or so..), but i dont want you to touch your stable system...
Dont have any more ideas at the moment, sorry. Lets hope now it works.. :D

RedOrb

Reaction score
Hm.. could you give it a last try? Download it from the same link again.
Now its with the not used dll (Shouldnt change anything, but who knows..) and try to write to to log before rendering the GUI (so maybe this time there is a log?).
If its still not working.. i need more time. Have no idea where the problem could be.
It could be because of the .Net Framework (Maybe a corrupt file in 2.0 or so..), but i dont want you to touch your stable system...
Dont have any more ideas at the moment, sorry. Lets hope now it works.. :D

Thanks man, it got to the loading screen, but quit again. No log created..

MagicForrest

Reaction score
Hm.. it looks like there is a problem with the .Net Framework.
The log should be created before you can see the loading screen....
I have some ideas, but no really solution (for now).
Maybe i can use you a bit? :D I would like to create some (so far only 1) test applications, maybe we can find the problem with some try's.
So far i would like to test to read and write test data (the config file).
I dont know if there i a way to check the .Net Framework files or reinstall/update 2.0..
Hm.. you want to try another .Net Tool just to see if its working?
(http://forum.magicforrest.de/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=17019&p=21663) is a MD5 sum tool (Or check the other tools in the forums), its using the .Net Framework 2.0 like WC3 Item & Skill Designer too. If its not working too then there is really a problem with your .Net Framework. SimpleShot is used on a lot of pcs too. Win XP SP2 and later.
Ah.. do you have 64bit system? or 32?

RedOrb

Reaction score
Tried the software on both 32-bit winxp and 64-bit win7. Got to the loading screen on Win7.

The MD5 checker crashed too (on win xp 32), so I guess my framework is screwed. I'll have to try at home too. Any idea how I can make it right?

MagicForrest

Reaction score
Hm.. maybe this works:
Download: http://www.t34.at/wc3itemskilldesigner/download/dbg/NetFiles.zip
Unzip in the same directory there WC3 Item & Skill Designer EXE File is.
In this ZIP are all .Net Files WC3 Item & Skill Designer is using.
If .Net use the files in the archive it should work. But im not sure if .Net will check the directory for .Net DLLs if it's installed..
So maybe you can check if you current files are other (filesize), thats how it's for me (Locations):
3D310803F4DA46ECBF99EBA153989F39.jpg

On Windows 7 it dosnt work too?

RedOrb

Reaction score
H
Hm.. maybe this works:
Download: http://www.t34.at/wc3itemskilldesigner/download/dbg/NetFiles.zip
Unzip in the same directory there WC3 Item & Skill Designer EXE File is.
In this ZIP are all .Net Files WC3 Item & Skill Designer is using.
If .Net use the files in the archive it should work. But im not sure if .Net will check the directory for .Net DLLs if it's installed..
So maybe you can check if you current files are other (filesize), thats how it's for me (Locations):
3D310803F4DA46ECBF99EBA153989F39.jpg

On Windows 7 it dosnt work too?
Hey man, didn't get a chance to test on win7. But I replaced my .net files as you have yours, and it didn't work again. Thinking about it, my computer is probably the worst machine to test your software on though. With the .dll's in the folder with the app, it doesn't work either. Same old crash. No directory/log created either.

MagicForrest

Reaction score
Hm... Maybe try to (re)install .Net 2.0. Not sure if it works because its already installed, but could be worth a try.
For 32bit System:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=19
Im out of solutions.. I tested the Tool now on many PCs - worked on all... So i cant debug it when crash.
But im pretty sure there are no Bugs that would crash WC3 Item & Skill Designer on startup. And if the MD5Sum Tool dont work too.. there have to be a problem with .Net.
Hm.. on google i find info if you just repair it in the software menu it should work.
You can try this?

RedOrb

Reaction score
Yo. Tried it on win7-64bit and got this error:
111.jpg

The directory did not exist.

MagicForrest

Reaction score
Looks good. Thats a known (and fixed) bug of current unstable version, if you download Version 0.4.5 it should work now.
(This directory is used for your imported wc3 maps later, u'll see in 0.5)

(But you can also click on continue)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.