Torque Engines On Sale

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
For a limited time, Torque engines are on sale for $99.00! That's like 80-90% off the original price of $800-1000!

Both Nestharus and I have taken advantage of this deal. I am buying both the T3D and T2D engines ($198.00!).

This is a great deal for anyone who wants a super-powerful engine for a very, very low price!

Good luck to anyone who takes this awesome sale up :thup:

dead link removed

Last edited by a moderator:

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Wha!?

Nice!

Maybe I'll pocket the 2D and 3D engines real quick, that's super special awesome!

Tell me, Sevion, how does it compare to full-fledged Unity and the UDK, from your experience (assuming you've used them)?

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
Unity and Torque 3D engines are pretty similar and have been rivals. Torque comes with source code to engine, which was the deciding factor for me. Unity is a few thousand dollars and no source code? Torque 3D is $99 atm? Even when Torque 3D was $1000, I picked Torque 3D over Unity. Even if Torque was $500 more than Unity, I would have picked Torque. Source code to engine is a nice thing to have ;P.

UDK doesn't come with the source code to the engine. Furthermore, if you want to sell games made with it, you have to pay insane royalties. Torque has no royalties: you can make full fledge commercial games and sell them.

Torque and Unity have been rivaling AAA engines for a while now, and really at their prices, a AAA engine isn't really worth it. Also, again, access to the source code, meaning you don't have to use the scripting language, or when you're done developing your game, you can convert it all to c++. You can also extend upon the scripting language (adding new features and etc). You can also extend upon the engine (don't like the physics engine it uses? Use another).

Really, having access to the source code makes a world of difference.

And again, $99 vs $1000 and $99 vs $700. Those are practically giveaways ;P.

Yea, I did a lot of research into game engines and Torque3D was the one I got back when it was still $1000 on early early pre-order (actually got TGEA before T3D was even thought about and had picked TGEA over Unity, which says a lot).

I've been working with the editors and scripting languages lately and I can only say that I'm very happy with them ^_^.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Unity and Torque 3D engines are pretty similar and have been rivals. Torque comes with source code to engine, which was the deciding factor for me. Unity is a few thousand dollars and no source code? Torque 3D is $99 atm? Even when Torque 3D was $1000, I picked Torque 3D over Unity. Even if Torque was $500 more than Unity, I would have picked Torque. Source code to engine is a nice thing to have ;P.

UDK doesn't come with the source code to the engine. Furthermore, if you want to sell games made with it, you have to pay insane royalties. Torque has no royalties: you can make full fledge commercial games and sell them.

Torque and Unity have been rivaling AAA engines for a while now, and really at their prices, a AAA engine isn't really worth it. Also, again, access to the source code, meaning you don't have to use the scripting language, or when you're done developing your game, you can convert it all to c++. You can also extend upon the scripting language (adding new features and etc). You can also extend upon the engine (don't like the physics engine it uses? Use another).

Really, having access to the source code makes a world of difference.

And again, $99 vs $1000 and $99 vs $700. Those are practically giveaways ;P.

Yea, I did a lot of research into game engines and Torque3D was the one I got back when it was still $1000 on early early pre-order (actually got TGEA before T3D was even thought about and had picked TGEA over Unity, which says a lot).

I've been working with the editors and scripting languages lately and I can only say that I'm very happy with them ^_^.

I spaced out the UDK royalties! I used it once and liked it but never had to work with it.

I've been told that the process handling in Torque is bad. Thoughts? Perhaps it's better if you convert it all to C++?

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I haven't ever used Unity, and I would believe Nestharus on this. As for UDK, I tried the UDK for a few minutes and it was so complicated and cumbersome. Hard to use. I didn't like it, but I suppose that if you get used to it, it can be very powerful. I couldn't stand it though.

Torque, however, is very easy to use and comes with very good documentation.

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
->I've been told that the process handling in Torque is bad. Thoughts? Perhaps it's better if you convert it all to C++?

T2D is still in beta, so I would believe that. T3D is approaching final release (many of the updates to it were optimizing it), so I think T3D is fine now. They did say that T2D updates would be delayed (prob another year before final release).

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Fantastic! The site says for a limited time, is there any idea on how long this offer actually lasts?

I'm hoping to purchase on the weekend.

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
Probably until 2-15 or so. I'm guessing about a month, but I don't know. It started 1/20. I'd just get it asap to be safe.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.