36.6 KB · Views: 144
  • Tower Contest Test Map - Computer.w3x
    53.4 KB · Views: 135
  • Tower Contest Test Map - rodead.w3x
    33.6 KB · Views: 141

0zaru

Learning vJASS ;)
Reaction score
I would suggest to dl them, Because, barring the orb of talos, you can't see all the effects of the towers.

N2o)

Retired.
Reaction score
Comments
Chaos Tower - A nice tower, i like towers which gives a bonus but can also give a negative. The eye candy was a bit lacking, and it wasn't that interesting.

Prismatic Tower - I liked this one, the warm up time was a bit long though and you couldn't switch at any time, but overall very nice.

Lasso Tower - This tower was cool, but there were several bugs, one was that the units never broke free of the lasso themselves, and if you cast the lasso ability on an enemy outside 750, it would automatically deal damage.

Enchanted Tower - This tower was rather random, and the effects didn't really fit the tower well, The tower which was a flamed skull, was firing death coils which sounded like rocks, Then it would randomly chain lightning enemies, I didn't particularly like this one.

Lightning Spire - This tower was very boring, with little special effects to brighten it up, the feedback affected every none magic immune unit and the static field didn't look half as good as i expected.

Vantage Tower - This tower was good, but a bit wierd. If i increased the height of the wisp, the cooldown was higher, but the damage was lower or about the same, making it seemingly a waste of time. A nice tower anyhow.

Orb of Talos - Nice tower, with a nice aoe attack. The double damage attack, was less than spectacular however, and if it was a bit more visual, this tower would have been that much better.

Parasite Tower - This was ok, but after a few mins, it got very heptic with lots of parasite colonies. The burst effect was a nice idea but should been a no target ability. Overall, an ok tower.

Kubos Creater - This was a nice idea, but it makes the tower part time, it would of been better if it had something else to do, while cooling down. The chance that the effect landed on creeps wasn't too high either.

Timestop Tower - This was another good idea, and the tower had some very nice effects on it. When the time stopped however, the effect on the tower was a bit overwhelming and all creeps just stopped (but kept animation), nice idea but used to it's full potential.

Having said all this, i vote for ... Capital Punishment ..., on a serious note: Prismatic Tower.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
My vote (if only I could have numerous votes...)

First - Emotootoo (Orb of Talos):
I just love this spell, the effect is nice and a pretty unique way to add a critical attack to a tower

Second - emjlr3 (Lasso Tower):
Grabbing stuff with magical ropes ftw. Very nice that the units were able to try and escape without them being totally immobilized [they tried :p] and that lasso strength was affected by distance. Nice, but lightning tearing up the ground is still nicer imo :p

Third - FFMaster (Chaos Tower):
Nice tower, the effect was... different from what one would expect of a tower in a TD map. The special effect on attack was a bit excessive which was a bit of a bad thing imo

Some of the towers in this were ownage, some weren't (not mentioning any names though :shades: ). Good luck to everyone in the contest :D

C0mput3r

Reaction score
I will try to include a Positive and Negative on each tower ;D (everyone's tower was good in their own way)

The burst effect was a nice idea but should been a no target ability. Overall, an ok tower.
Ehh.. Detonate, that was the base spell. But I think it helps by showing the AOE of the spell.(visuals):banghead:

3 of the 4 abilities for the main tower
War32008-01-0119-18-38-15.jpg
War32008-01-0119-25-54-10.jpg
War32008-01-0119-19-59-27.jpg

Reviews Done when I say things, most of them I couldn't have done so dont feel too bad XD (or at all...)
Capital Punishment-by N2o)
Very Nice Effects!!!! +2
Could've had more active abilities but who likes a tower you gotta check on every second? -0
Ultimate was very nice indeed, lots of eyecandy +1
MUIness rocked :D +2
Using Unit as a tower, well nvm... +0
When ultimate froze all units on the edge of the circle, it sometimes created a barrier... -1
Had theme-Death/Corpses +1
Projectile was a bit off theme tho -1
TOTAL=5
Time Stopper-by 0zaru
Nice effects too but not a variety +1
Custom Model Usage +1
Looked kinda weird cuase units shuffled around even when they were frozen -1
Not bug free MUI +0
Theme-Time, Blue +1
Projectile was um.. different, but blue;) -0
Using a good model, could have had tiers cuase there were lots of versions of the Dalaran Thingy.. (was even blue!) +1
Is it just me or was the attack speed effect permanent??? +0
TOTAL=4
Vantage Tower-by DrinkSlurm
Special Effects-uh what special effects, all i saw were numbers...+0.5
Used mathematics to deal damage, nice idea-a bit complicated. Also unless attack speeds and range ratio was perfect, one mode would be the cheapest.
(Even if they perfect ratio, you mustn't forget that the higher it is the more damage. Pythagorean)
Nice way of raising/lowering the wisp though:D +1
MUI.. so I believe:) +1
Even had Sell Tower= perfect for TD! +0.5
Had a nice tooltip explained everything. +1
Tower Model was preeeety common +0
Attack Model i expected to be like Sniper Fire since that was what came to my mind first for the word "Vantage" +0
TOTAL=3
Chaos Tower-by FFMaster
Tower Model-once again another Arcane Tower... +0
Nice Idea, positive + negative effects +1
Definatly will fit in a TD map, (maybe better doing 1-1 siege tho... explaination below) +1
Special effects, not only were they good they were custom!! +3!!!!
Spells malfunctioned.. kinda Frost Nova slowed AOE and also slowed air.. No bounty for burn -1
VERY cheap.Say, there are 5 effects, 50% of an effect happening, 1 of them is Instant Kill, so 10%, now build 10 towers.... -1
I know you meant for it [INSTANT KILL] to have 1 life.. however you forgot that this trigger fired just before the damage was applied, therefore reducing it to 1 life, but then the damage kicks in (20-100 fast) and it dies instantly...
GUI-MUI 0.o +1
Triggers could have been shortened to 1 cuase you could have put an expire timer on the dummy. -1
Floating Text to indicate effect. +1
Obviously mass towers using the effect will cuase the text to overlap:( -0.5
TOTAL=3.5
Orb of Talos-by emootootoo
First of all, it has a very nice name, it feels like it has a story of its own just waiting to be told. (I tried to do that to my Parasite Tower) Its called Orb of Talos, not a general name like Orb of Destruction +1
Second of all it was written is JASS, which lead to MUIness +1
Special Effects were.. THE BEST :D Its attack was the most noticable thing! It carved a path through the ground and tore up the creeps in its path. +2
The ultimate could have been a bit more exciting though. After seeing all those nice effects it kinda dissapointed me that the ultimate was just Finger Of Death lightning instead of the regular Chain Lightning, which everone seemed to use. -1
This should be included in Combat-Attack1-Weapon Type: Artillery (Line AOE) :p +1
Couldnt find anything bad about this really...
TOTAL=4
Enchanted Tower-by T3rm1nat0r
I noticed all the spells were based off critical strike/drunken brawler +0
More Chain Lightning..... If the tower was Lightning Tower, I would understand, but for everyone to use Chain Lightning??? +0
Floating Skull was fun :D, however it symbolized a fire type tower. +0.5
Tooltip of Triple Damage:
This ability has been powered up by T3rm1nat0r's magical powers
??? +0
Extra wont really work in a TD since it uses lumber... -1
Theme: Skull Tower, Skull Attack (Death Coil), then.. Enchanted Tower... +0.5
Leaaaaaaks (Points) -1
MUI-GUI 0.o +1
Creep Respawn FTW!!! +1 Just felt that you needed one for a creep respawn system that took me over 30 mins to create 2 months ago.
TOTAL=1
Prisma Tower-by Oninuva (Creator of Tut on Attribute based Damage Spells)
Huge copy of Prism Tower from C&C Yuri's Revenge?
Not Really: If it was he would have use the HIVE's model and Icon for it :p -0
Sides Blizzard's new Game StarCraftII (codenamed Medusa) features a Warp Ray which has a weapon from prismatic energies. Could have added special things like a sound
Said by:Warp Ray Prismatic Cores Charging.
Phase Crystals Charged
You're at Full Power
Very nice idea +2
http://www.starcraft2.com/features/protoss/warpray.xml
Didnt really use any triggered spells. Just a customized Mana Drain + Life Drain -1
Even though it was MUI its current triggers didn't make it usable in other TDs where you'll also need to build support towers. -1 +1
Triggers made it auto do stuff, as I said in the beginning, who likes a tower that needed to be looked after every couple of seconds or so?+1
Included Manual Switch to change towers if you're that kind of person who enjoys using abilities without the AI +1
TOTAL=3

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
Say, some maps in the .rar got corrupted. I couldn't see them in Warcraft III.
Please provide links to individual files.
However, here are my comments for the towers I've seen so far :

darkRae said:
Capital Punishment
-- the tower gains Mana before the Banshee reaches the tower
-- the graveyard tomb effect on dying units are a little late
-- from what I saw, the 'ultimate' attack was an AoE disabling spell followed with a barrage of AoE attacks

Chaos Orb
-- the effects were Slow, Haste, Heal, Burn, and Instant Kill
-- I bet you use 'Unit is attacked' as the event
-- Slow effect slows multiple enemies with its Frost Nova
-- if a unit dies when being Burned, I don't get the bounty for killing it

Prismatic Tower
-- just a combination of Life Drain and Siphon Mana, with triggers and unit replacement
-- if you manually change the Charging Mode to Firing Mode it can sometimes fail because you issue an order to Siphon Mana a random unit (you could've checked for the current order if it was switching modes)
-- support towers were enemies, where it should be friendlies, dunno if this will affect the score

Lasso Tower
-- MUI and has an error message
-- the lightning effects get strange if you Lasso a flying unit
-- if you Lasso a unit that is about 750 range away the Lasso will automatically break and deal damage
-- overall good spell, fun too (seeing the enemy trying to free itself)'

Time Stopper Tower
-- if 2 towers run their effect (stops time) at the same time, but with different durations, the creeps can continue to move even if the 2nd tower's effect's duration hasn't ended
-- can be better if you freeze their animations too to make it more like 'time-stopping' rather than 'prevents movement'
-- good idea for an eye candy

I'll be back for more after having seen all the towers.

EDIT:
Even the individual maps links (provided above) didn't work.
I mean, I couldn't see the map in Warcraft. o_O

EDIT:
Updated with comments for Time Stopper Tower.

N2o)

Retired.
Reaction score
Say, some maps in the .rar got corrupted. I couldn't see them in Warcraft III.
Please provide links to individual files.
However, here are my comments for the towers I've seen so far :

They didn't for me either but if you move them into your maps folder they should, it did for me, not sure why that is however. On the banshee bit, i didn't really know how to go about it -.-, it isn't really a major thing.

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
> if you move them into your maps folder they should

I've put it in my Maps folder already.
If I didn't I won't be able to see the other 4 maps.

0zaru

Learning vJASS ;)
Reaction score
Well i will post my tower map, but i can't find the post of the tower contest :p

-My tower

BTW you have to use newgen to open it up..

ayumilove

Youtube account suspended! youtube.com/ayumilove8
Reaction score
Video preview of all the tower defense submitted in this voting contest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs-Nk_GW8Bc
[YOUTUBE]hs-Nk_GW8Bc[/YOUTUBE]

very nice maps ^_^

edit: guys, i am kinda confused because some maps does not have the creator name o_o
it says just another warcraft map. please put some effort to put your name, thanks

kubus creator - rodead
This building does have collision size, remove it in order creeps are able to walk over it :)
and this building have some bugs if I build more than 1. The other building will not be able to cast flame strike

T

The Mapmaker

I voted for Ozaru because:

The effects were great. I especially liked how the art around the tower represented a clock and the "hands" were spinning.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.