Tower Sprites Request ^_^

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
I need them for a c# project due Tuesday, May 11 ;o.

Will give credit ^_^. I need at least 8 of them o-o. I'm freaking out atm because i realized that there aren't any online anywhere ; O.

They don't have to be on sprite sheets or anything, I can do all of that myself o-o.

If anyone can help with this, I'd really appreciate it. It's either that or I resort to towers that are squares of different colors, haha ; D.

I'll also give source for finished project so that you can add in your own towers and what not and have fun with your own tower defense ;o. If I get a tower editor and level editor done for it, I'll give those too o-o.

I'm desperate here o-o.

This is naming convention
sprite framename facing #

make sure your sprite is in its own folder with all of the pics

Example of convention-
air_dragon walking_fast n 0
air_dragon walking_fast n 1
air_dragon walking_fast n 2

directions-
  • n- north
  • ne - northeast
  • e- east
  • se- southeast
  • s- south
  • sw- southwest
  • w- west
  • nw- northwest

I

InstilledBee

What dimensions? Do you need high-res, 3D ones? I define my skills as "average" pixel art. :eek:

Still, if you're looking to settle down with me. (LOL) Just tell me specifics on what you need. ;) I can work on them starting tomorrow. (Kinda busy this evening)

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
Any size 64x64 or larger please ^_-. If you want to do higher quality, you can.

2D or 3D

Need at least 8 of them by Saturday so I can get them in.

Don't worry about sprite sheet or even placing or any of that, I got a lot of tools ; ). You can have it on a sprite sheet if you want, I'll just split it up and put it on my own with my two little tools ; P.

Thank you thank you!!

Oh they need to be 4 different types of towers

Tower 1 can upgrade 2x (3)
Tower 2 can upgrade once (2)
Tower 3 can upgrade once (2)
Tower 4 cannot upgrade (1)

Each sprite needs to be animated (multiple frames)

1+ frames for fire animation
3 frames for building/upgrading animation
6 frames for turret rotation (if has turret)

At least one tower needs a turret

I prefer you not put all the frames into a single gif file as that will be difficult to deal with since I'll be using a sprite sheet ^_^.

I

InstilledBee

I'll post some samples tomorrow, and see if you like it. If you do, I'll make the rest.

Ciao! (It's already 2AM here and I'm not yet sleeping. :D)

I

InstilledBee

Meh. Didn't see you updated the post while I was making these. :banghead:

Anyways, due to unexpected business today, I kinda skimped on these towers. They're not even that good anyways. As I said, my skills are average at best so I hope you weren't expecting pro-level sprites. :eek:

I was able to whip up 4 basic towers, with attack animation. 64x64 in size, in PNG format. I did the basic stuff in Paint and did the effects/animation in Photoshop.

Again, I apologize if these are not what you expect. I'm just trying to help. :eek:

Also, I do hope someone would pick up on my progress. At least, you can put two or more people in the credits then. :D

Attached here is everything I was able to make, including *.PSDs (so someone can continue what I had started, or something)

Attachments

• towers.zip
    156.2 KB · Views: 615

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
Yea, I don't think I can use those as they are. I managed to find a bundle of monster sprites and other necessary sprites.

http://reinerstileset.4players.de/monstersE.html

Yea, the quality I found is kinda high, but those are the only sprites I could use as they had the animations required. Others were totally fragmented, screwy, and near impossible to use o-o.

I guess I kind of need something that will fit with those now ; |, but I suppose if worst comes to worst, I can just stick your stuff in, hehe ^_-.

I still need them by Saturday ;o. Someone else is helping now too, but I dunno if he'll pull through o-o. Also 4 is not enough, I might have to end up using some colored squares, lol : o.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.