Towers Not Replacing

Slayerxx

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
OK this is a puzzle i have 8 towers, and during the day they turn on and at night turn off. Now these are 2 separate units with the same stats. I have an Unit group With an array of 2 (STowers[index]), index [1] being the on towers and Index [2] begin the off towers. i have it set up like this

Melee Initialization
Events
Map initialization
Conditions
Actions
Unit Group - Add all units of (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Solar Towers (On))) to STowers[1]
Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Name of (Random unit from STowers[1])) ;To make Sure Units Are Picked
Game - Set the time of day to 17.00

Then Proceeds to:

Dalylight Left
Events
Time - DayLIght[1] expires
Conditions
Actions
Game - Set the time of day to 18.00
-------- Solar Towers --------
Unit Group - Pick every unit in STowers[1] and do (Unit - Replace (Picked unit) with a Solar Tower (Off) using The old unit's relative life and mana)
Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Name of (Random unit from STowers[1]))
Unit Group - Pick every unit in STowers[1] and do (Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from STowers[2])
Unit Group - Pick every unit in STowers[2] and do (Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from STowers[2])
Unit Group - Add all units of (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Solar Tower (Off))) to STowers[2]
Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Name of (Random unit from STowers[2])) ;To make Sure Units Are Picked

And Back to

Time till Morning
Events
Time - DayLIght[2] expires
Conditions
Actions
Game - Set the time of day to 6.00
Unit Group - Pick every unit in STowers[2] and do (Unit - Replace (Picked unit) with a Solar Towers (On) using The old unit's relative life and mana)
Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Name of (Random unit from STowers[2]))
Unit Group - Pick every unit in STowers[1] and do (Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from STowers[2])
Unit Group - Pick every unit in STowers[2] and do (Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from STowers[2])
Unit Group - Add all units of STowers[1] to (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Solar Towers (On)))
Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Name of (Random unit from STowers[1])) ;To make Sure Units Are Picked

Note i have deleted all the other actions.Variables to Simplify

So there it is, Timers and events are all gud, so i cant seem to figure out what is wrong? Any ideas

Slayerxx

Reaction score
When the Map Starts The Towers are already there, (Solar Tower (On)), these are added to Unit grope STowers[1] Then once a 10 second timer expires the time of day is set to night, and the units, in this case the towers in STowers[1] are replaced with the Off Tower. It works up to here, then once a second timer expires It is ment to replace all units/Towers in STower[1] and then add the newly replaced Towers to Unit group STowers[2] and back again. This dose not work, the units are begin added (known from the game display text action) but they are not being replaced. The Events are fine as a have other things in these triggers that work fine i just dont know what is stopping it.

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hey Slayerxx, Just a heads up mate.

But in future when posting triggers. It's a lot easier for us to read and help you out if you post them inside WC3 Tags.

Example:
wc3tags.jpg

Slayerxx

Reaction score
Solved Got it i just removed the variable and just picked each unit over playable area matching condition, Thankyou tho ;p XD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.