Minigame Town Invasion

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
Town Invasion​

Town Invasion is a minigame at the moment as it does not last very long but there is more than one way to play the game. (It's in its testing phase so if you find any bugs please tell me).

Story

Peace roamed the lands in the reigon to the east of the world but underneathe that peace, a curtain of darkness was spreading. People being sinful, muderering, stealing, raping land sky and flesh. When there is no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the earth...

There are many towns in this small reigon, most contian only a few hanful of people and there will be none, maybe one guard protecting those small towns. In the center of the reigon lies the King and his Throne chamber, protected from bandits by garrisons that lie around the entrance points.

One night, a plauge appeared in a part of the reigon, it summoned zombies to kill, burn and loot everything they see. When a zombie killed an oragnic thing it would come back to life. Those small towns that were not protected that much are now full of zombies, they had no hope of survival. Some villagers by them self have fled to the west and boarded them selves up with extremly weak barricades, but the zombies will break in in time, and theres around 100 villagers in there, a lot of zombies...

Now people, do not threat, these zombies can be killed, they can be destroyed. Will you hide in the darkness, sit in the shadows or will you rise up and destroy satan's spawn?

Description

Most of the information is in the Quest Log ingame but it's here anyway...

OK, so at the start you are given 10 seconds to look at the quest box before you get your game choices!

After the 10 seconds are up a dialog box appears asking you if you want to have the game mode of: Single Unit or Army.

Single Unit - Your by your self, hide in the shadows or in a town, board it up with barricades and build garrisons to protect it, can you protect your self? You only lose if you die!
(Single unit has another option down below)

Army - You are the king and you control all of the village guard (blue team) You lose if your Throne Room dies, the Throne Room is in the center of the big city that in turn is in the center of the map. You control also the king with his great auras to boost your troops mortality. If the king dies then you get respawned in 30 seconds at the Throne Chamber.

Single Unit Extras - These are the Units you can be in the Single Unit mode

Villager - Your a normal peasant, you have an extremly weak attack and slow moving speed. All you have is a lot of gold from your savings, and it's a lot. You have 2000 gold to then buy garrisons, barricades, food, potions etc to then board your self up and bewarned, you have low HP.(Recommened only for the most experienced players of Town Invasion) (this unit has no abilities what so ever and the rest do!!!)

Swordsman - OK HP, OK starting gold and OK attack. Your basic meele unit, kind of equal in every way.

Archer - Nearly exactly the same to the Swordsman except the Archer attacks from a distance.

Sniper - Low HP and Low starting gold but your range is remarkable and your damage is the highest. You attack speed is alright, 2.10 seconds, around the time of the archer. If you hide behind barricades then you might just survive.

Assassin - Low Hp, high starting gold (2nd highest) and an excellent attack speed. Assassins are good for stealthing when the heat gets just a bit too hot. They also have the blink ability so you can block your self in so the zombies cant get in but you can (Assassin is the best unit to play in your first time playing).

The game lasts depending on how good you are. If you want to go easy on the game for a bit then there is an empty out post
South of the map, it's to the right of the small pond.

Hunger

Yes you get hungry, at the moment there are two types of foods, a Berry and Cooked Meat. 5 Berrys spawn randomly across the map every 2 minutes and you can buy cooked meat from a market place (Markets can be destroyed and they will be found in most big towns that contian more than 3 people)

You hunger goes up every 10 seconds. Berrys deduct 30 hunger points from your total and meat deducts 100. If you hunger points go below 0 then they will be reset to 0. If your hunger level is high enough you substain damage depending on your hunger.
60-80 Hunger Points - 10 damage every 10 seconds
81-100 Hunger Points - 20 damage every 10 seconds
101+ Hunger Points - 30 damage every 10 seconds.

(Remember that this is a test version and people might find that you get hungry too oftern, if you do please tell me and if enough people think it's too high i will change it to like 1 hunger point every 15 seconds. You might even think you get too hungry hardly ever.)

Zombies

You know how a zombie appears blah blah blah. If you kill a zombie there is a 1/5 chance that it will raise back up again and after 600 seconds 10 Zombie Kings will spawn and when ever a unit dies a Strong Zombie will spawn. These zombies have a 68-100 seige damage with the zombie king having a 90-110 seige damage.

(You may type -Hard at anytime to have the strong zombie mode activated for extra hardness. This makes it almost impossible to win but how long can you survive)

The AI of the zombies will become smarter so be warned!!!

Items

There are 3 items you will need to use, the rest are potions and meat etc.

You will have:

Weak Barricade: A extremly Weak barricade, costs 40 gold and comes with 3 charges it has a very weak attack and has 100 HP.

Strong Barricade: Can stop normal zombies getting through, costs 70 gold but has only 1 charge, a very weak attack and 400 HP.

Garrison: A small garrison that grows big when you put it on the ground, comes with 2 robots (you don't see them) that fire out of this tower. Has a long range a quick attack and a good damage all for 100 gold and has 500 hp.

Test Phase​

(IMPORTANT)

This map is in a test phase, i've checked it and i have fixed many many many x 100 bugs in it, fixed massive lag spikes and removed ALL leaks. All i need now is what you think, your input. If you do tell me about the map and what it needs changing in then please think about some of these while you play the map and think if they are all right. If you make a very good contribution i will but you on my Credits for being primary beta tester.

Hunger - Is it alright, do you think i should reduce the time for you getting hunger points ( its 1 every 10 seconds atm)

Zombies - Are they to strong, weak, slow. Anything wrong with them or what they do?

Lag - Any lag spikes?

Bugs - Any Bugs?

Extra - Game to short for you, could you think of anytihng that could go in it? (i will always have a indepth look to see if your ideas could go into the map. I will check EVERY comment carfully! )

Thanks guys

Change List

V0.1
- finished Terrain
- Created the basic triggers
- Created all the Zombie units
- Created all the heros with abilities

V0.2

- Removed most leaks
- Added 3 Items, Weak barricades, Strong Barricades and garrisons
- Edited Healing and mana potions
- Fixed major bugs

V0.5

-Removed a mass lag spike
- Edited the towns by adding defenses
-Fix minor bugs
- Edited most heros
-added winning triggers

V0.7
- Edited Heros again
- Edited stats on Garrisons
- Added hunger
- Added two new items, Cooked meat, Berrys
- Added some triggers

V0.8
- Fixed minor bugs
- Testers did there thing, test it
- Released

V0.9

-Realised i hadn't put in a winning trigger i added on
- Checked it, worked fine
- removed V0.8 and release V0.9

V1

- Oh bugger its gone wrong
- The winning trigger checks if there are any zombies in the map every 10 seconds, if no then you win... It ran at the start and the first zombie don't spawn then. Fixed it by turning the winning trigger on, adding another that would run after 120 seconds (when zombies stop spawning) and when it runs it will then turn on the winning trigger. PHEW
- Removed all versions and added V1 with no bugs... yet

V1.1

- Collisons re done for all units
- Winning trigger has changed, you now must survive for 20 minutes, this is for Army and Single Unit.
- Stopped the Town guard getting in the way if you try and fight in the big city.

V1.2

- Released
- The big city is the main city so they should have the best defense, most barricades to strong barricades.
- Increased HP of Footmen, Riflemen, Mortar team and priests.
- Zombies now spawn from 3 areas of the map every 30 seconds for never ending mahem.
- Hard mode activation has been turned from 700 seconds to 300-400 seconds. You may still type -hard to activate it though.
- Fixed terrain so now you can hide in a shallow lake away from zombies, what kinda n00bs would do that anyway then complain that it's too easy...
- Income has been fixed, you get 50 gold every 20 seconds and 30 gold for every zombie you kill (the income dosn't count for Army mode)
- Zombies have been made easier to kill and their damage has been reduced. This also includes Zombie Kings. Now you have a chance.
- Town Guard's AI has been increased so now they are smarter but not too smart, the zombies need a chance.

Screenshots!!!

[img=http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/2781/wc3scrnshot103108073418hy9.th.jpg]

my.php

[img=http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/3391/wc3scrnshot103108073427ao5.th.jpg]

[img=http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/5443/wc3scrnshot103108073647yw9.th.jpg]

[img=http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/2136/wc3scrnshot103108073712wa3.th.jpg]

Attachments

• Town Invasion V1.2.w3x
    214.2 KB · Views: 279

duderock101

Reaction score
lol ok, im gunna add a Change list on later of what has been changed in the different versions.

setari

Reaction score
in the quest list in the introduction, you only talk about one kind of unit- the single unit. you say you are going to talk about 2, but there's only 1. i'm playing it now =)

Edit: Big problem, if you start the game (even with all computers on) it says you win after you select all your stuff then you press continue and it takes you to the score screen. =(.

duderock101

Reaction score
oh crap just re adding the map. lol soo sorry guys im really sorry!!!

edit no screenshots and map is now changed srry bout that add screen shots l8er tommorw cos i gtg

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Got screenshots?

duderock101

Reaction score
The new map has been added and screen shots will be also added soon.

in the quest list in the introduction, you only talk about one kind of unit- the single unit. you say you are going to talk about 2, but there's only 1. i'm playing it now =)

The introduction dosnt contian much infomation, you need to read all of them to understand the whole game.

EDIT - Screen shots added but because of the stupid imgshack most of them r just urls and that others are thumbnails... but at least they are proper pictures when you click on them and dont tkae a thousand years to load the post

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
Played the map yesterday, here is my opinion:

The Good
  • Single Unit Mode was very enjoyable
  • Zombie AI was more intelligent than what I've been used to.

The Bad
  • Money was too hard to get
  • Fighting in the big town was a struggle as single unit because of the constant blocking by the allied AI
  • The game would get to a stage where zombies launch a massive attack you withstand, but then thats it. No more zombies.

Possible Improvements
  • Stop Men and Women attacking. Its suicide and I'd think they'd try to run instead. ;)
  • Instead of solely relying on Men and Women being reanimated, you could always get them coming from outside the map.
  • Instead of as soon as a unit dies they turn into a zombie, set a wait of 3-5 seconds. It makes more sense ;)
  • When playing Single Unit Mode, the Main Town could use with some semi-intelligent AI.
  • When I was playing Single Unit (although I only tried Sniper) I noticed there were gaps made by barricades too small for me but large enough for the zombies and the town units. Fix the collision.

duderock101

Reaction score
Jackal thx for the comment

Instead of solely relying on Men and Women being reanimated, you could always get them coming from outside the map.

What do you mean by that?

When I was playing Single Unit (although I only tried Sniper) I noticed there were gaps made by barricades too small for me but large enough for the zombies and the town units. Fix the collision.

Ok, so i will make the barricades pathing bigged, the zombies collison has been made like that so you can get your self in a postion where they won't get to you.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
It was a fun start. After a while I started thinking and I asked myself: What's the point? How do I win? I found a small water place. Blinked down with assassin. Blinked up and searched for berrys. Totally owned the zombies and got like 50 berries. I could get more if I wanted to.

So, what's the point?

duderock101

Reaction score
lol the point is to kill every single zombie, if you find it too hard then just type -hard right at the start of the game and don't be a newbie by spawning to a place where zombies cant get you. The might be why you havnt enjoyed full game? Too easy?

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
Instead of solely relying on Men and Women being reanimated, you could always get them coming from outside the map.

What do you mean by that?

I mean that zombies could spawn around the map boundaries.

duderock101

Reaction score
ah i see what you mean. Thanks for comments

I will be changing a lot of things guy due to your comments so thx again.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
lol the point is to kill every single zombie, if you find it too hard then just type -hard right at the start of the game and don't be a newbie by spawning to a place where zombies cant get you. The might be why you havnt enjoyed full game? Too easy?

Well, killing all the zombies must be impossible when alone. I got omgwtfpwned by them. They were like 200 zombies and no village could hurt them. It needs some more balance.

duderock101

Reaction score
i tried to balance it out, i do realise that a zombie should be less powerful than a man with a sword in metal armor, but the game is ment to be a zombie slaughter on humans. But i've balanced it out and now with the winning condition you don't need to destroy all the zombies anymore cos ive changed it. Oh and with the collison i couldn't see any problems but i did change it anyway

---Version 1.2 added and Change log has been edited, look at it to see whats been changed--- alot has been changed btw to make it much better.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.