Train system / Modify stats

Discussion in 'World Editor Help' started by EoW.chips, Mar 19, 2010.

1. EoW.chips

EoW.chips New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hey,
    I need a something like a cheatsystem for single player.
    Example: I want that the person can modify stats by something like this -agi 99 or level by -lvl 55

Does someone if there is such a system? I already searched but didnt found something.

2. Azrooh

Azrooh New Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    You can set the values with EGUI (though I'm having toubles getting it working) or JASS, and you'll need to target the units with a spell or need JASS to get the selected unit. GUI selected unit is bugged, and gives a ridiculous amount of selection bug if used frequently.

3. Accname

Accname 2D-Graphics enthusiast

Ratings:
    +1,549 / 4 / -4
    level and stats can easily be changed with plain normal GUI.
    Hero - Modify Hero Attribute
    Hero - Set Level

and i never heard of anything like a "selected unit" bug, i use the GUI action to get the selected units frequently and i had never any problems for all my life.

all you need to do for this trigger would be something like this:
    Trigger:
    • Level
      • Events
        • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing <Empty String> as A substring
      • Conditions
        • (Substring((Entered chat string), 1, 5)) Equal to -lvl
      • Actions
        • Set SelectedUnits = (Units currently selected by Player 1 (Red))
        • Hero - Set (Random unit from SelectedUnits) Hero-level to (Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 6, (Length of (Entered chat string))))), Hide level-up graphics
        • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_SelectedUnits)

same for stats:
    Trigger:
    • Attributes
      • Events
        • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing <Empty String> as A substring
      • Conditions
      • Actions
        • Set SelectedUnits = (Units currently selected by Player 1 (Red))
        • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • (Substring((Entered chat string), 1, 5)) Equal to -str
          • Then - Actions
            • Hero - Modify Strength of (Random unit from SelectedUnits): Set to (Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 6, (Length of (Entered chat string))))))
          • Else - Actions
          • If - Conditions
            • (Substring((Entered chat string), 1, 5)) Equal to -agi
          • Then - Actions
            • Hero - Modify Agility of (Random unit from SelectedUnits): Set to (Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 6, (Length of (Entered chat string))))))
          • Else - Actions
          • If - Conditions
            • (Substring((Entered chat string), 1, 5)) Equal to -int
          • Then - Actions
            • Hero - Modify Intelligence of (Random unit from SelectedUnits): Set to (Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 6, (Length of (Entered chat string))))))
          • Else - Actions
        • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_SelectedUnits)

4. EoW.chips

EoW.chips New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Works, ty very much

5. jonas

jonas Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 4 / -0
    Ever played our old map, battleships crossfire? It had a horrible selection bug, even after I changed most of the code to JASS. I don't remember the symptoms exactly, but I have a feeling it locked the selection and blocked any mouse orders, i.e., you couldn't move the selected unit anymore... Happened to me once in 3 years, but I've had it happen in games 3 times or so and we received tons of complaints.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  6. Accname

Ratings:
    +1,549 / 4 / -4
    I had played warcraft for years and made countless maps of my own and I can not remember ever seeing a bug like that. Cant remember anybody talking about it either. You sure its not just you guys screwing up?

7. jonas

jonas Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 4 / -0
    Crossfire was a behemoth, so it's certainly related to that. Same with the constant desync issues. The problem is that the bug was impossible to reproduce, but I also know that there's another map that had the same issue. I think it had to do with certain camera actions, and doing selection-related things via triggers. These types of issues were the main reasons I was taken aboard, to see if rewriting everything in JASS helps. It helped a bit, but not much. It's possible the issues were related to bad models, or to something silly like too many attack rolls.

8. Accname

Ratings:
    +1,549 / 4 / -4
    I know that some camera actions were in fact quite bad. They did crazy stuff there in WC3.