Cinematic Transcending the Camera (Cinematic without camera objects)

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Transcending the Camera: a cinematic without preplaced WCIII camera objects.

This is intended as a technology demonstrator, a view of the cinematographic possibilities available to mapmakers who leave the WCIII camera object behind as the sole available eyepiece, using pure math instead.

The cinematic itself shows two simple battle scenes between dwarves and humans, trying to demonstrate many ways in which a camera may be used. I built the systems used to do this in the summer of 2009, and they've been collecting dust, and I figured I'd finish a simple cinematic with them.

The basic system necessary is my Coordinate Cameras snippet that this website hosts; there are a couple more systems used heavily, though they're probably too low-level at the present time for useful distribution. They include an angular accelerator (for smooth angular motions) and a system that manages bezier curves (for creating sophisticated arbitrary splines to move a camera along).

Unfortunately, because of the sketchiness of these systems, I'm hesistant to attempt to publish them in their current form; they require some level of micromanagement and require understanding of their internal components.

If this has piqued your interest at all, enjoy.

Transcending the Camera

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Hm, not bad.

too little action i'd say. i would really like it to have a few more special effects and actions but its okay.

though you should switch the colours of the humans and dwarfs. if the dwarfs are supposed to be communists they should be wearing red and definitely not blue.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Favorite part was the cavalry charging. Reminded me of Braveheart. hahaha. The terrain was bland for the most part, except for the short scene where it showed the dwarves coming through the brush. And it was a little slow. Like Accname said, not enough action and SFX.

Overall though, I was impressed. With the stuff I said above aside, the cinematics were pretty good. And I understand that's what you were really emphasing with this project anyway. So good job. :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.