Transform ability.

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
I need my hero to have a transform ability, but i dont know what ability to base it off of. It needs to be able to be casted when ever and be able to turn back when ever you want. And it starts as a hero and turns into a unit. So once the hero uses the hero ability, then in unit form he cant turn back because units cant have hero abilities. Is there a way to do this? And if not, how would i trigger an ability like this?

EDIT - Making 2 abilities for Robo-Goblin doesnt work (unit and hero), the spell is learned at level 20 and it brings you back to level 1.

AoW_Hun7312

I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Reaction score
Make 2 abilities based off of Metamorphisis and then make 1 of them for units, and not heroes. When the hero-form uses the first one, add the second one using triggers.

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
How would i make it so it doesnt reset the hero? And metamorphosis has a time limit, it isnt canceled.

AoW_Hun7312

I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Reaction score
Instead of metamorphosis, use the ability from the Druid of the Claws.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Set Metamorphosis duration to 0, that makes it infinite. There's also another area in the object editor where you can set whether you have to pay to transform, permanancy, etc., etc...

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Again, both of those will reset the hero. I created a simple trigger but it doesnt save items or abilities. How do i save those?

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
I know you sorted it out, but heres a trigger dat i use. It works perfectly and it's easy. Just showing you.. i know u said ud done it but just in case...

Code:
Bear Form
    Events
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Finishes casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Bear Form 
    Actions
        Game Cache - Create a game cache from WoWEthical
        Set Druid_Game_Cache = (Last created game cache)
        Game Cache - Store (Casting unit) as Druid of Druid in Druid_Game_Cache
        Game Cache - Save Druid_Game_Cache
        Unit - Replace (Casting unit) with a Bear using The new unit's max life and mana
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Casting unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Items\TomeOfRetraining\TomeOfRetrainingCaster.mdl
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)

Code:
Druid Form
    Events
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Finishes casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Druid Form 
    Actions
        Game Cache - Reload all game cache data from disk
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Casting unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Items\TomeOfRetraining\TomeOfRetrainingCaster.mdl
        Game Cache - Restore Druid of Druid from Druid_Game_Cache for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing 0.00
        Set Main_Character = (Last restored unit)
        Unit - Remove (Casting unit) from the game
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        Game Cache - Clear Druid_Game_Cache
        Game Cache - Save Druid_Game_Cache
The druid form is giving to all the things you can transform into. You could also to a add/remove ablility to the things you transform into.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.