Transformers 2: Revenge of The Fallen

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
it was fine by me, i dont see what you think is wrong with it, and secondly those are critics, screw them.

Danny Cross

Bunny
Reaction score
I enjoyed the movie till the end... My feeling was it was too quick.

I also agree that they put a little too much sexual stuff into the movie when its surrounded around the transformers.

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
if you heard sam's dad, other then the fact that he said college was expensive, he also said college was sexual, and so there you go most of the sexual stuff made sense, MOST of it, seeing the buttocks of that one guy was disgusting anyway. How else would a random girl get to sam other then by doing sexual stuff :/

P.S. i wont say much more in-case people havnt watched it

Id also like to point out, how is optimus supposed to transform into a truck with all of those attachments from Jetfire? So yes, he had to take them off, they also got damaged in the fight

Ioannes

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.
Reaction score
I personally found it entertaining. By the end of the movie, the only criticisms I could think of were:

1. The giant robots have WAY TOO MANY details on them. I can't tell individual Decepticons, let alone make out where Optimus' hands are in the battle scenes.

2. The choreography when transformers were fighting was awkward - the robots swang too much and the overall impression was that the combatants were dizzy.

Aside from that I found Transformers 2 Awesome. The Obama references were nice, too. I think I actually saw his face on one of the huge screens on Times Square.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
2. The choreography when transformers were fighting was awkward - the robots swang too much and the overall impression was that the combatants were dizzy.

and i watched in IMAX... my head was spinning along with the robots

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
None of the Autobots ever kept upgrades in the cartoon series... It was just a possibility to keep re-upgrading. Overall, the movie was great, regardless of plot holes. Every movie has plot holes, typically... Who cares, in the end?

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
The plot was mediocre. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't that great, and it had flaws in it.

The action was very well done, and the movie was still fun to watch. I actually remember being more disappointed with the first movie (though I've only seen it once, and it's been awhile). This one didn't really disappoint, because I wasn't expecting an amazing sequel.

Worse sequel in my whole entire life, it's even worse when the premier is on your birthday. Fuck this movie :banghead:

It should be worse!

Pirates of the Caribbean 2 was worse (yes, it was redeemed by #3), you're blowing it way out of proportion.

Critics are simply people who rant for money, don't ever trust their reviews, trust your friends who know what sort of movies you like. Also, try to go with optimistic friends, pessimistic ones will point out every flaw, and try to make you hate a movie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Gotta say this was one of the most dissappointing films I've seen all year. I'd only seen the first one about a week before I saw the second, and even then I only watched about 3/4 of it because I lost interest. And I expected the sequel to be better, despite the historic nature of sequels being generally pants compared to their predeccessors (the only two sequels I can think of that are better than the first film are The Empire Strikes Back and The Two Towers).

And it was just crap. Okay, I never expected the plot to be great, but for it to be so bad to the point where they seemed to be making it up as they went along? That sucked. And the action? Well, I suppose it might have been alright if you could see what the hell was going on. All I could see was lots of CGI metal and slow motion.
And Hollywood explosions, but that wasn't too bad. In fact the explosions were pretty good (but then it is a Michael Bay film).

And it was ridiculously long for what it was. 150 minutes could have been shaved down to 90 with great ease.
Overall I gotta say it stands so far as one of the worst films I've seen all year, not just the most dissappointing.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
The movie was bad in terms of plot. The graphic however was great, no doubt. The humour was relatively good too.

They're trying to introduce too many characters at once, which is a bad idea. Lack of storyline. A few unnecessary scenes. A few ridiculous plots. And it has no ending.

When it began, I asked myself, why Sam gives Mikaela the cube fragment? Why not just keep it to himself? Why did Alice needs to seduce Sam in disguise for so long just to reveal her 'robotic' secret only when Mikaela appears?

When it's about to end, why did Sam and Mikaela need to run more than 1 mile to the war site? Bumble Bee is there. But why only fetch Sam's parents? In the end, they still meet up at the same damn place.

When it ends, I asked myself, what happened to Simmons? What happened to Sam's college roommate? What happened to the guy that was parachuted out? Soundwave seems a little useless? Devastator seems useless besides sucking some bricks? What happened to the 2 mousy transformers (Mudflap I think)?

Too many questions. I don't understand why 2.5 hours isn't sufficient to complete the questions above.

Rating: 8 (Entertainment value); 3 (Plot). So about a rating of 5.5 overall.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Oh, and one more thing.
They used a goddamn Railgun against that massive Transformer. But they only used it once instead of using it to get rid of the rest of them. Seems a tiny little bit stupid to me.

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
because the giant transformer, was HUGE and was on top of that pyramid, while all the others went to the ground, and they were fighting optimus.

I couldnt care less about the plot, i just wanted to see some old fashion CGI action

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I found this movie entertaining enough.

I don't regret it. :)

Oh and BTW, I'd go to that University and pay the $20k subscription fees anytime!

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
sohmer said:
Transformers 2 was a spectacle, a visual delight, and I was entertained. That’s more than enough for me.

For those who were expecting or demanding a Shakespearean effort, let me remind you what the subject matter is: Alien robots that turn into cars.

And sometimes planes.

A little escape-ism is never a bad thing, and it’s nothing to look down upon or to be ashamed of enjoying.

word

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I saw it, I cryed, and not beacuse it was good or sad:(

I hated the fact that they had the "Superpower-let's-kill-the-badguy-moment" when it was only about 5minutes left of the movie:(

There is usually atleast 10-15 minutes and a dialog or monolog to sum it up or something in a movie, but this was just ridiculous:thdown:

In conclusion: The first one was better:rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.