transmissions with talking portraits ? (Facial animation)

critical

Reaction score
I just can't figure this out...I discovered that all sounds and transmissions ingame are fairly complex, every transmission sound is attached to conversation holders, apparently every sound has a pre-animated facial animation from a portrait. That is kewl, nice detail, BUT when I make the same thing, everything works, exept the freaking facial animation, the freakin head doesn't "talk", just stays there in limbo default animation.
I attached the sound to the conversation module, did everything right, but how to premake a facial animation, or make it TALK, I don't know

the solution is prooooobably really easy, I just didn't get to it, back in the days, a transmission trigger would play the talk animation by default, any Help please ?

Thanks...

here's the image of the problem:

http://img697.imageshack.us/f/screenshot2010081323263.jpg/

PS.
I'm the new guy :)

critical

Reaction score
!!! ALERT ALERT !!!​
I HAVE DONE IT !!! BUUJAAAH, First in Staredit comunity !!! YU YUUU

Complicated as hell ! Needs more reaserch but I'm getting there... Making a custom campaign transmission with your own voice acting and custom facial animations will be difficult as hell, but it can be done. The Blizz SHOULD OF supplied us with their own lip snyc system for text and not hide the list of the facial animations from us...

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Make a tutorial if you want to help everyone else be able to do this.

critical

Reaction score
ouh yes, well, Technicly, it's still impossible to do it like blizz did, with the development of extra tools, I will make a new post explaining this thing...

eXirrah

Reaction score
Can you explain to me how did you do it, cause I face the same problem
at the moment.

EDIT: The only way to make a portrait talk is to use the blizzard facial animations,
but it looks a little weird.

eXirrah

Reaction score
What are you talking about. If you have something to to say,just say it. bringin up this old topic just to joke is not cool man.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.