Reaction score
Sounds original :thup:

And congratulations on map of the week.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
when should we see a realese?

==

Hopefully therewill be a beta up within a week or two, got some other stuf I need to tend to. Thx

Heroes remake, as its been decided that they should have one innate ability.

Code:
Marksman
	Ranged
	Attributes:
		21 - Agility	(2.1/lvl)
		18 Intelligence	(1.8/lvl)
		15 Strength	(1.5/lvl)
	Innate Ability: Precision

Rogue		
	Melee
	Attributes:
		23 - Agility	(2.3/lvl)
		17 Strength	(1.7/lvl)
		14 Intelligence	(1.4/lvl)
	Innate Ability: Stealth   (Not Invisibility!)

Hunter		
	Melee/Ranged
	Attributes:
		18 - Agility	(1.7/lvl)
		20 Intelligence	(2.0/lvl)
		16 Strength	(1.7/lvl)
	Innate Ability: On the Prowl 

Berserker  	
	Ranged
	Attributes:
		20 - Strength	(2.0/lvl)
		20 Agility	(2.0/lvl)
		14 Intelligence	(1.4/lvl)
	Innate Ability: Rage

Warrior    	
	Melee
	Attributes:
		24 - Strength	(2.4/lvl)
		15 Agility	(1.5/lvl)
		15 Intelligence	(1.5/lvl)
	Innate Ability: Command

Howler		
	Melee
	Attributes:
		18 - Strength	(1.9/lvl)
		18 Agility	(1.8/lvl)
		18 Intelligence	(1.7/lvl)
	Innate Ability: Howling Fury

Shaman 	
	Ranged
	Attributes:
		14 - Intelligence (1.4/lvl)
		20 Agility (2.0/lvl)
		20 Strength (2.0/lvl)
	Innate Ability: Earthshock

Battle Mage 	
	Melee
	Attributes:
		20 - Intelligence (2.0/lvl)
		19 Strength (1.9/lvl)
		15 Agility (1.5/lvl)
	Innate Ability: Spellblade

Oathbreaker
	Ranged
	Attributes
		24 - Intelligence (2.5/lvl)
		17 Strength (1.7/lvl) 
		12 Agility (1.1/lvl)
	Innate Ability: Silent Shout

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
Ever thought about renaming them haha? I know you mention it in your first thread but I guess Marksman and what not bugs me enough to mention it hehe...

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Ever thought about renaming them haha?

Yes, that was the reason for the text above the heroes.

All I could manage to scribble down atm, don't even know if it's any intresting information.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Wouldn't 'Silent Shout' silence all nearby enemy units? (Sorry if this was obvious or out of term)

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Wouldn't 'Silent Shout' silence all nearby enemy units? (Sorry if this was obvious or out of term)

Not a bad idea, I'm thinking silence and minor knockback on units in a cone in front of the caster, sounds sweet :)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Yet again one of those AoS', but with a nice glyph-twist! I like the idea of it.

Congratulations!

This is the Map of the Week #8!

Hoping to see and experience a playable version, soon!

What the hell? SInce when Pre Alpha versions are compeating in the map of the week competition? Still, you are one of the moore fair mods, so, it is your call pal.

About the map, sounds interesting although I prefer perSonas. Good luck! The glyph thing sounds cool!

Nexor

Reaction score
Firstly congrats on the map of the week!

And secondly I suggest you to use the rune model for the glyphs or the Glyph of Fortification model, it will fit better :)

a question: Will you be able to remove the glyph from you to use it for another combination or not? it would be super-ccol :)

It looks like a very fun game, but 30 minutes isnt too long?:S

EDIT: don't mind my suggestion related to the glyph removal, I couldn't find that part in your post :)

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
What the hell? SInce when Pre Alpha versions are compeating in the map of the week competition?

Well, there weren't any new suggestions and like I said, even a good idea can win the prize.

And I had been keeping my eye on this map ever since the thread was posted...

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
I really think this is well deserved.
It's an original AoS map, how much better can it be?!

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
This looks very interensting! If the map is how you have written, it is very orginal.

GooS said:
When you use a Glyph you are afflicted by its powers for 1 minute
granting you 2 passive and 2-4 active skills based on if it's a
low-level glyph or a high-level one

Nice system! I am so excited to test the combining and all the diffrent Glyphs.

GooS said:
Hero kills (If I go with any other I think this will remain a source aswell)
Neutral creep drops (fragments*/complete glyphs)
Non-neutral creep drops (fragments*/complete glyphs)

And the more original one:
Your hero has one skill (non-combat) that channels energy from
an altar he stands nearby, giving him a glyph.
Separating the altars, two on each teams side, placed so that
for the tier 2 glyphs and better one would have to go to the other teams side.
After 30 mins the altars have a chance of giving the better version.

Good ideas, but will the "Hero Kills" one count both creeps and heros?

Also It will be nice if, 2 heros uses a spell within X seconds (2 or something) after eachother
a glyph will spawn at a random possition between the two casters. You should mark
or create a map so people can understand where they are. Then you can also display
in which area the glyph spawns. And it has to disapear after 20 seconds or so :p

What tileset is the map? About how many items?

-iPeez

captainrads

Reaction score
Then you can also display in which area the glyph spawns. And it has to disapear after 20 seconds or so

Not sure what that totally means, but if you mean making an area in which glyphs regularly spawn, that's not a good idea. If you do that players will just sit in the glyph spawn, get powerful, and keep others away from the spawn point. Unless you made the spot change, which would make things a little interesting and encourage more player to player fighting, don't put it in a stationary spot.

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
It is not a very good idea :p, but:

" Two players cast a spell. They can be anywere at the map, but if both cast a spell from the same kind of glyph, a glyph spawns at a random point in the map.
SO if a glyph spawns a random point for example close to a river. Then display <X type of glyph spawned at the River>"

Make this as a optional way to obitain them! :p

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Update!

-Terrain very close to complete. (95% roughly)

-Transmutation System up and running

-Glyph tier 1 completed, (Icons, Abilities, Tooltip, Transmutation into Tier 2, Bonuses)
(Will complete 3 tiers before beta)

-Transmutation formulas tier 1-3 available for view in Quest Log (Information)
the other formulas are up for players to find and share.

-Glyph achievement idea:

New idea - You get glyph remnants when you kill the opposite teams creeps, 5 remnants and you get an Uncharged Glyph which you must
take to an altar to charge. A hero kill will directly get you an Uncharged Glyph.
There will be 4 altars, 2 at each teams side, placed so that for tier 2 glyphs
and higher you need to move over to the other teams side.

I think I'm going to go with this one.

- 5/10 Innate abilities completed, having some JASS troubles.

As for answers on the latest comments:

I really think this is well deserved.
It's an original AoS map, how much better can it be?!

Thx mate :)

Nice system! I am so excited to test the combining and all the diffrent Glyphs.

It'll be intresting to see how many of the non-specified glyph formulas are discovered and how quickly.

Good ideas, but will the "Hero Kills" one count both creeps and heros?

Read the new idea! :D

Also It will be nice if, 2 heros uses a spell within X seconds (2 or something) after eachother
a glyph will spawn at a random possition between the two casters. You should mark
or create a map so people can understand where they are. Then you can also display
in which area the glyph spawns. And it has to disapear after 20 seconds or so.

I don't think I will be doing anything like this, atleast not for the beta.

What tileset is the map? About how many items?

Tileset is Custom Winter, and so far I've not thought about adding any items besides the Glyphs, which there will be 14 of in the Beta.

Not sure what that totally means, but if you mean making an area in which glyphs regularly spawn, that's not a good idea. If you do that players will just sit in the glyph spawn, get powerful, and keep others away from the spawn point. Unless you made the spot change, which would make things a little interesting and encourage more player to player fighting, don't put it in a stationary spot.

No regular spawn area will be added, as you said, people will camp. Random spots might be used as an event but not a regular happening.
It is not a very good idea , but:

" Two players cast a spell. They can be anywere at the map, but if both cast a spell from the same kind of glyph, a glyph spawns at a random point in the map.
SO if a glyph spawns a random point for example close to a river. Then display <X type of glyph spawned at the River>"

Make this as a optional way to obitain them!

As already said this will not be added in beta, might be added later on, I'll keep it in mind!

Thx everyone for taking an intrest in my map :)

Anymore feedback about anything is more than welcome!

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Oh yay a rogue who specializes in stealth with a low intelligence. He'll get far.

Oh yay, probably, yes since this isn't the real world and his primary attribute is agility it doesn't do any diffrence.

CaptDeath

Reaction score
have you checked noob friendly off your checklist?
also an aos i played had 3 items separated by categorized and had long ass tooltips that explained game play that were worth like 1 gold each
which made it a quick read then you could get going

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.