Snippet Transport (Enter/Leave Detection)

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
O.O Ages ago I was dying for a system like that, too bad it still looks like spaghetti code to me :eek:.

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
I think you can use linked list instead of group, since a unit is only can loaded in a transportation only. :)

SanKakU

Reaction score
was trying to figure out what you could use it for...WHOA!!! couldn't you turn units into...ITEMS with this system? i think you could!

edit: update here. ok i've checked it out...and i've run into a problem...i think maybe the new AIDS is to blame. i don't really understand all that object mergers stuff...

the problem is that when i try to transfer the snippet to a map other than the test map...i get the unload function firing at the same time the load function fires. and no functions go off when the unload function is supposed to.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
the problem is that when i try to transfer the snippet to a map other than the test map...i get the unload function firing at the same time the load function fires. and no functions go off when the unload function is supposed to.
Make sure you get the latest version of all relevant systems... ie. the version in the first post of their respective threads. :)

If the problem persists, please contact your doctor.. I mean vendor, which is me. And contact me by posting a demo map of the bug report in this thread. :thup:

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score

i totally agree, but his is broken. It relies on undefend, and units can be issued undefend orders while in transport, triggering his unload event, and units can be unloaded without having the undefend order issued by being paused, which does not trigger his unload event. Therefore, this method is nicer, imho (i should mention that setting x/y with this for a unit in transport (??) would probably fire the unload event, though).

It's not so much a war as an inconvenient ban. When i find bugs in wc3c systems i have to then make my own, as i can't report them. So whatever.

<3

I request that post be deleted so his count stays on 1000.

SanKakU

Reaction score
Make sure you get the latest version of all relevant systems... ie. the version in the first post of their respective threads. :)

If the problem persists, please contact your doctor.. I mean vendor, which is me. And contact me by posting a demo map of the bug report in this thread. :thup:

oh, yeah...i kinda forgot about this system for a while there. yeah i'll try to get back to you on that soon.

eclypt

Reaction score
heya, i got a problem with this system, whenever my friend try to save it on my map it just bug and we don't know why :/

all the triggers is 100% okay and why dind't find a reason of those bugs D:
Here is an pic:
bugza.png

Bribe

vJass errors are legion
Reaction score
The transport unload-detection bugs, BoundSentinel by Vexorian or a Knockback system will prematurely fire the unload event.

The issue is addressed here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/submissions-414/system-cargoevent-192251/

I read that if a unit is "paused" while in a transport no orders will be issued when the unit is dropped. The issued order when a unit is dropped is "stop" not "undefend" like this thread was discussing.

If this is still the case (unit not issued a stop order), I find it far, far easier to have people check their "PauseUnit" calls than to correct every movement-based system so that this thing doesn't bug. I'm surprised that no one has noticed the huge error that is caused with BoundSentinel.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.