Trigger Fix

RanCatu

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to fix these triggers? I am currently making an auto cast ability to have another effect on the target but the secondary effect only works if I click the ability then the target. It would be supposedly:
Moon arrows: An auto- cast ability that slows the target enemy's movement and attacks then at the same time reducing their protection by making them visible to the caster for a short period of time.
Black Arrows: An auto- cast ability that stuns the target for a short period of time, and if they died while on the effect of this arrow, they will be raised as skeletons for a period of time.

Attachments

• Ability try.w3x
    37.1 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:

jonas

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Try "a unit starts the effect of an ability"

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
This can not be easily done. Creating new auto-cast abilities which alter the casters attacks involves some heavy triggers, some of which will probably need jass at some point. What it boils down to is giving your auto-cast-attack a unique buff and using a damage-detection-system to check for the precise moment the spell was applied to the target in order to trigger the effects. For many of the effects you want to have you will also need dummy casters and custom abilities / buffs.

jonas

Reaction score
Wre the damage events for taking damage or for dealing damage?

jonas

Reaction score
whether you have to register it for all units or only the one with the skill.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
It is for taking damage. You have to register it for each attackable unit. Thats why GUI triggers are not able to do these things without memory leaks.

RanCatu

Reaction score
Guys I've seen a GUI trigger for auto- cast ability once, I tried copying it, but it turned out a failure. I think there's something wrong with my events and conditions.
Here's my failed test map sirs:

Attachments

• Ability try.w3x
    21 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it would be better if you copied the code and pasted it here. This way we can help you even without access to the editor.

RanCatu

Reaction score
That's all I have sirs, I know there are too many things I missed. But to be honest, I have tried copying the style of the auto-cast trigger I saw but it won't work on mine so I just made it that simple so you can understand want I want it to do.

Attachments

• Trigger Fix.JPG
    Trigger Fix.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 300

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Auto-Cast abilities do not trigger events for casting. It doesnt work that way. Thats why I said you would need a damage detection system with this.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no simple answer.
You have to learn what a Damage Detection System does, how it works and how to use it. WC3 is quite a good game, but there are just a few things which are unnecessarily complicated to do. If you really want to implement your effects you need to do some research and learn how to use a Damage Detection System.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope. It is much more complicated and can not be done with GUI triggers alone. You will need at least some Jass for a damage detection system.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.