trigger problem event not working!

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Hello again unfortunetaly, :)

I made 2 triggers:

trigger name: 'player 2 is playing'

event: elapsed time is '2' seconds
condition: status of player '2' is 'playing'
action: create '1' 'command center' for player 2 at region 'player 2 start' facing no angels
action: turn off trigger 'player 2 leaves'

trigger name: 'player 2 leaves'

event: elapsed time is '5' game seconds'
condition: status of player '2' is 'has left the game'
action: kill 'all any units' of player '2' in region 'player 2 area'

so this triggers should give a command center to player 2 if he is in the game, and kill all his units if he leaves the game
But for some reason my triggers are not working again

What's wrong here please

MissKerrigan

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Let's go through what this actually does.

"Player 2 is playing" will give player 2 a command center if he is playing. It will then turn off the "player 2 leaves" trigger.

Since you're turning off the other trigger, it will NEVER run if player 2 was playing when the elapsed time is 2 seconds. So when will "player 2 leaves" run? Well, if player 2 is not playing, but left the game earlier, his units will be removed from the game at 5 seconds. But he wont even have any units since the first trigger never ran.

I don't have an editor in front of me so I'll just give you some pseudo-GUI.

event: elapsed time is '2' seconds
action: Pick each player in (Active Players):
Create 1 "Command Center" for player (Picked Player) at (Start Location for (Picked Player)) facing default angle.

This will manage the creation of command centers for ALL active players. This means that you wont need a trigger like this for every player in the game. You only need one trigger.

For the leaving trigger, do something like this:

event: Player leaves the game
Action: Kill all "any units" of player (Triggering Player) in region (Entire map)

Tell me if you only want to kill the player's units that are inside the region. This trigger will also work for all the players. This means that you don't have to do another trigger for each player.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
I tried the trigger with the command center, it works! but actually there must be gives 4 scv's to the triggering player also, trigger seems impossible now am I right?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.