Trigger Problems

U

Unregistered

Whenever i try to save a melee map, i receive a lot of errors with the trigger, melee initialization, thus, my map becomes a non-melee map and i cannot play them as the starting units, resources etc. are not there. The problem still persists even when i try saving maps that came with the game. Is there anything i can do about this or is there another way to make it work without melee initialization? Please help. Thnx.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
The melee initialization should only be used for a specific purpose, that is, doing stuff at the time of melee initialization. For example, you may initialise variables, or set resources for players, etc. etc.

It's never a good idea to stick any serious trigger code into your melee init. trigger. It's simple to make another trigger, and thus this is the best option.

You said you are getting errors, does this mean that your map is not compiling? If this isn't the problem, you can check the bottom right hand corner of the WE window to find out why your map is not a melee map (stick your mouse pointer over it).

Are you able to save blank maps at all? e.g. make a new map and save it straight away. If you can't, then there is something else wrong, perhaps your editor is corrupted somehow, in which case you might have to reinstall it.

That's about all the advice I can give for now based on what you have said.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.