Trigger Request

Steve

Reaction score
Ok so I basicly need a trigger that will allow the user to select a tower from a merchant and then upon them selecting it the builder then needs to be able to build it in his build menu. Think of it like hero arena but with buildings instead of abilities. I could never figure out how they did this so im asking for a bit of help on this one, thanks.

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
I dont think you can give units new buildings to build through triggers, only in the unit editor. 1 thing you can do tho, is create upgrades for all of the buildings and then add that upgrade to the buildings 'techtree - requirements'. Now add all the buildings to the unit's buildables. The unit will not be able to build the structure until the player has purchased the upgrade.

If you want the structures to replace actual abilities, then base the abilities off things like 'build tiny lumber mill' or what ever it is.

AdamGriffith

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Make the builder a hero.
Then make him buy items like tiny castle etc.
Then use the trigger which is like Hero - Order hero to use item (Sold item)

Or something like that

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Something like this. Yes, you need to change it, a lot. Need to use "begins construction" and add another trigger if the building is canceled... or add a counter on how many buildings you can have...ehm, well, suit yourself actually.

Attachments

• BuildingThing.w3x
    17.3 KB · Views: 129

Steve

Reaction score
This is meant for a td where the player can mix and match towers available to them so the upgrade system would not work because there is not enough space in the build menu for 45 towers.

The player needs to choose 7 towers from 5 races and without this system my map is in the toilet.

As for the idea with the hero, would it be possible to make the abilities to cost money? like using a trigger such as: when triggering unit casts a spell equal to fire spawn, remove 13 gold from triggering players gold?

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
As for the idea with the hero, would it be possible to make the abilities to cost money? like using a trigger such as: when triggering unit casts a spell equal to fire spawn, remove 13 gold from triggering players gold?
Yes, it is possible.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
well i havent readed the thread through but couldnt you just customate the ability, from "Tiny Townhall"? dont know if it can be changed, but try it out:thup: (like that smilie alot:D)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
well i havent readed the thread through but couldnt you just customate the ability, from "Tiny Townhall"? dont know if it can be changed, but try it out:thup: (like that smilie alot:D)

Well. start reading the threads. You're basically pointlessly posting if you're repeating things other's have said, without added any extra details or something.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.