[Trigger] wc3's "turn off collision"

Frozenwind

System maker
Reaction score
So basically, I'm looking for a function like wc3's "turn off collision". Yet I know sc2 loves the data editor meaning I'll be needing the "unit add behavior" function to do this most-likely.

The most interesting behavior (afaik) to edit would be reaper's jumping behavior, but I've got no clue how to edit it to make me have no collision (or eventually the mover "flying").

Could someone explain me how to replace a unit's mover (as that's most-likely needed) through a triggerfunction, a behavior or an effect?

EDIT:
Found a setting which seems to be setted. At behavior flags, you can set "suppres collision", but still I've got no clue how to actually activate the behavior, as just adding it seems not to work:

Code:
                                Unit - Add 1 Unknown Behavior to temp_Unit from TempPBullet

Frozenwind

System maker
Reaction score
bump

So I managed to apply an effect to the target which causes an behavior which suppresses collision. Sadly, this still means my unit can't walk through objects nor at cliffs... Does anyone know how to completely disable the collision or change the mover of a unit? The jump behavior seems the only one who is able to change a unit's mover, but I can't get it to activate automatically...

Severon

Reaction score
Ehh I recall seeing something that might help, might not I'll have to let you know when I get off work and get home. I want to say it was under the unit in the unit tab(if your using that view) it was a checkable box that said ignore something I just can't remember what it was exactly, so this might be a wild goose chase.

Frozenwind

System maker
Reaction score
There is an ignore terrain height @ unit tab @ units, but ignoring terrain height doesn't equal no collision.
Furthermore, I can't modify that one through triggers.

Experimenting with "reaper" atm.

Severon

Reaction score
There is an ignore terrain height @ unit tab @ units, but ignoring terrain height doesn't equal no collision.
Furthermore, I can't modify that one through triggers.

Experimenting with "reaper" atm.

Ah sorry thought you were just looking in the triggers not that it had to be triggers.

If reapers don't work look at the colossus. He can walk over clifs and I'm not sure, but I think some units 2, idk about buildings.

Frozenwind

System maker
Reaction score
Solved

Explanation:
As it seems, sc2 works like this:
A ground unit can walk on groundunpathable, yet he resist doing so. With other words, while ordering him to walk over it, he'll not accept your order. While forcing him (unit - move instantly), he'll get moved on it, but he doesn't feel comfortable and thus he walks (seemingly with increased speed) to the nearest groundpathability spot. Now, using this function:
Code:
Unit - Turn temp_Unit Movable state Off ///Set unit state
He can't walk to the nearest groundpathability spot and thus his collision seems to be off for footprints of buildings/trees/cliffs. Yet he doesn't lose his pushing behavior like this, which isn't a problem in my particular case.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.