Triggering: Game Difficulty

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
I'm having some problem with a Difficulty trigger for my second ORPG, I got down the HP & Mana handicap, now I need a Damage & Armor Handicap. Can someone tell me how to do a Damage & Armor handicap in percent? +Rep if someone can answer.

M

Mythic Fr0st

Is not possible...

WEU has a function to add/reduce armor & damage, but its "Bonus" damage, like when you equip an item weapon thing

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
So I have to make up an Ability and then give it to a unit? If so, how do I convert to a percentage? Like -25% Damage or Armor & +25% Damage & Armor.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Use command aura, and use devotion aura. Devotion Aura has a choice to set it to a percent. Set level 1 of both of these to your lowest percentage (ie -50%), and the range to like 20,000 or whatever the max is. Then on the loop trigger (the one I gave you on my tutorial page for shortening triggers), say Set level of (ability) for (aura giver) to ((Integer A) + 1) for both abilities. Then on the seperate if/then/else just say set level of ability to 1.

BlackNerubia

Reaction score
Well you can do the Item permanent damage ability for the damage handicap, and make a faerie fire buff that doesn't expire

BlackNerubia

Reaction score
It Reduces the armor by a set amount which by default is 4 armor

Edit: forgot to mention that it has a set amount of time its running for

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Why not simply using.. an upgrade?

Hmm....upgrades? That may work. Seems a better way to do the handicaps, but I need them to negative values and then to percentages.

Well you can do the Item permanent damage ability for the damage handicap, and make a faerie fire buff that doesn't expire

Faerie Fire? I think it will only last an hour (3600 seconds), and a buff is just a.......buff, it will do nothing pratically. And nope, I need a percentage for the handicap.

Use command aura, and use devotion aura. Devotion Aura has a choice to set it to a percent. Set level 1 of both of these to your lowest percentage (ie -50%), and the range to like 20,000 or whatever the max is. Then on the loop trigger (the one I gave you on my tutorial page for shortening triggers), say Set level of (ability) for (aura giver) to ((Integer A) + 1) for both abilities. Then on the seperate if/then/else just say set level of ability to 1.

.......Devotion Aura has a field of Armor Bonus in percent o_O? If so, that will solve my Armor handicap problems. The Command Aura is the best answer for this one, is fits right in for the Damage handicap. Now all I need is to make 1 dummy for Neutral Hostile with no attack and give it the 2 abilities :D! I think the problem is solved!

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
use an aura and set the value to negative and the targets to "self"

this is for one person lol...

or i don't think this is a great idea, but you could simply make another unit with different amour and then use replace triggers.

Btw, when i do difficulty, i don't reduce armor, only the HP and i remove some enemies from the game.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.