Triggering Trouble.Who wants to help ?

Zapat0

Reaction score
First off , excuse me for not knowing how to write proper English , i will do my best effort .

Hello i have several ideas for a map im creating , and im having some trouble with the triggering of some spells and other things .
so , whoever wants to help keep on reading .
Spells :

Frost Nova
Based on Frost nova
when the caster uses it has 50% chance of decreasing the enemies (of the selected enemy) armor by 1 , 2 and 3 for 3 seconds.
1 being at level 1 , 2 being at level 2 and 3 being at level 3 .

FrostBite
Based on AerialShackels(probably wrong)
Keeps the target enemy encased on ice , the encased enemy can´t move or cast spells . Just like dota´s FrostBite , if you do not know or have never played Dota the spell is just like entangling roots , just that with another model the frost wyrm Freezing Breath <Target> one .

Moon Glaive
Based on Moon Glaive (that does nothing at least that´s what i have read)
Original Moonn Glaive from warcraft but applied to a hero .

Hand Of Allah

the hero casts hand of allah he has 2 seconds to type -Pray
if the hero has typed this correctly a global heal will heal all Heroes allies and the player who casts this spell by 300.
if the hero does not type correctly , this spell just heals the caster of the spell for 100.

Quest Triggering things :

-Kill all the orcs in Mirkwood . (i have no idea of how to create a variable so that the player that has this quest can see how many orcs has he killed.
-Kill at least 5 Cave Trolls. (same problem than the above one?)
-Bring Balin´s Axe and Helmet to Gimli . (done this one on myself , so nvm about this on)

ok that´s all and thanks for reading , its a long read i know , i wrote it ;)

thanks in advance.

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
FROST NOVA

Firstly, create a dummy unit (with no model, shadow, movement type to none, invulnerable, and has locust, 99999 mana and health to make sure)

Second, create a dummy spell based on Acid Bomb and have it to Unit ability (by setting Hero Ability and Item Ability to FALSE). Place how many levels you want and write down the armor decreasing and the duration of the spell's buff
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Frost Nova
      • (Random integer from 1 to 100) Less than or Equal to 50
    • Actions
      • Set pointvar = (Position of (Triggering Unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 dummy unit owned by (Owner of (Triggering Unit)) on pointvar facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer for (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add dummy spell to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of (dummy spell) for (Last created unit) to (Level of (Frost Nova) for (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to cast (Neutral Alchemist - Acid Bomb) to (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_pointvar)

I'll post the others later ^_^

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
For the first one, you do not need triggers.
Create an ability based on Orb of Lightning (new) and replace the data - ability field to a dummy spell based off Acid Bomb that only reduces armor, give it additional levels and make the orb ability a hero ability.

denmax

Reaction score
For the first one, you do not need triggers.
Create an ability based on Orb of Lightning (new) and replace the data - ability field to a dummy spell based off Acid Bomb that only reduces armor, give it additional levels and make the orb ability a hero ability.

Wait wut?

I thought this was an addition to Frost Nova, not really a chance/hit o_O

Frost Bite
Clearly base it of Entangling Roots and change the Buff, simple =P..

Moon Glaive
Check numver of targets, and change missile type[?] to Missile (Bounce)

Hand of Allah
Really, its just some Turn On, Turn Off triggering..

Zapat0

Reaction score
ok im pleased to say that i have succeded in triggering Frost Nova , i used denmax´s trigger , cuz as he said , i wanted the frost nova effect and spell and not the chance thingy , i know i didnt said it in the thread start initial post and im sorry i will try to be more specific .
well guys i just wanted to say , thanks.
i will go to bed in a few minutes , so i will keep trieng to do the rest tomorrow.

:shades:

Zapat0

Reaction score
ok i tried to make the Moon Glaive Spell and its not working , here i have attached a map
Q: how to reasearch the upgrade when hero has learned the skill?
changing missil type to missle bounce , wouldnt that make my attacks bounce even after i learn the skill ?
darnit

Attachments

• Archumonde.w3x
    17.6 KB · Views: 198

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Um, okay, hold on, what does QFT mean, saw792?

And you could have a trigger that upgrades the Moon Glaive ability everytime you learn the (otherwise useless) ability from the Hero.

Frostbite is just Entangling Roots; change the Buff/Effect.

Igor_Z

Reaction score
Explain to me the moon glaive plz. Where can i modify the % of damage dealt? Bassicly the spell does nothing?

denmax

Reaction score
Explain to me the moon glaive plz. Where can i modify the % of damage dealt? Bassicly the spell does nothing?

In a GUI function? I have no idea.

I guess DotA is just wants their spells to be complicating to GUIers

Igor_Z

Reaction score
Its not triggered!!! It is something with Researching an upgrade, there r no fields for modifying damage and number of targets but if u play with night elf, make some moon riders and then research the upgrade it says 35% or something. I gues blizzard forgot to add fields for changing?!

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Its not triggered!!! It is something with Researching an upgrade, there r no fields for modifying damage and number of targets but if u play with night elf, make some moon riders and then research the upgrade it says 35% or something. I gues blizzard forgot to add fields for changing?!
It's ... a possibility. :D

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
lol... he DID PM people to help with his thread. I have to go now...

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Regular User (What is Reputation?)

Zapat0 has zero reputation
Send a message via MSN to Zapat0
help
hello , i have created a thread requesting help , and not many users have replied and i was just wondering if you could give me your help ?

Thx in advance

Here is the Link to the thread :
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/show...098#post936098
Direct PM from last night.

-repped him for doing that, yada blah blah blah.

very mean of you , there was no need for you to waste a post on my thread , you could have just shut your trap or pmed me , there was no need in ruining a thread with your hate.
reputation this morning. For someone sprouting stop the hate, you sure do so yourself ("shut your trap" as ex)

What did you expect? Do you expect to run around to a random house, knock on their door, and get free homework help? Did you expect we'd merrily come into a thread where the idiot has more trouble opening a can of soup?

Igor_Z

Reaction score
LoL WindexIsBack that isn't alowed. U r going offtopic a lot. + hes right just pm him. U can't just argue here... Read the rulz, admin doesn't allow that

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.