Triggers - Dialogs

S

Spiritbeast

Dialog Button help

:confused: Im trying to make it when I click a certain button it creates a unit for me but the problem is it doesent show the button after 1 second like it should. Could you explain what might of went wrong or repost a "better" dialog button tutorial.

thx

LoveTD's

Reaction score
:confused: Im trying to make it when I click a certain button it creates a unit for me but the problem is it doesent show the button after 1 second like it should. Could you explain what might of went wrong or repost a "better" dialog button tutorial.

thx

if you use another trigger with after 1 secs of gamtime it will only show that trigger, to stop it just make an run trigger action in that trigger ..... it's that simple....

Ow and b.t.w. i've tried to make an whole game of blackjack only with dialogs and it worked!!!! OMG!!!! and now im trying to make an blackjack td of it, it's kinda neat ^^ nice tutorial b.t.w.

or repost a "better" dialog button tutorial.
that's not verry nice to say :p he tryed verry hard on it and did it verry well :p so that's not his problem but yours

P

Panasonic

i understand this and by the way, this is a great tut

but im having a problem with mine

Code:
Red Dies
    Events
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Dies
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Emperor
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Entire map) owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit))) and do (Unit - Kill (Picked unit))
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        Dialog - Clear MyDialog
        Dialog - Change the title of MyDialog to Do You Want To Stay...
        Dialog - Create a dialog button for MyDialog labelled Yes
        Set DialogButton[1] = (Last created dialog Button)
        Dialog - Create a dialog button for MyDialog labelled No
        Set DialogButton[2] = (Last created dialog Button)

Code:
Yes Button
    Events
        Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for MyDialog
    Conditions
        (Clicked dialog button) Equal to DialogButton[1]
    Actions
        Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 1 (Red) emitting Visibility across (Playable map area)

Code:
No Button
    Events
        Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for MyDialog
    Conditions
        (Clicked dialog button) Equal to DialogButton[2]
    Actions
        Game - Defeat Player 1 (Red) with the message: Please Play Again...

you see, if player ones general dies, a dialog will pop up saying do u want to stay and watch the game, or leave

then the next trigger is for yes and the next for no...

what about other players such as blue-light blue

do i copy and paste each of these triggers for each player and just change the player names?

cuz wut if red and blue both die and like the same time.. they both get the dialog but wouldnt it run on only red?

do i need to make the same variables but like this : red = DialogButton Array 2 Blue = DialogButton Array 4? and so on.. im confused

N

NovaSnake

I just spent an hour trying to get this dialogue working. I am a noob with the editor, obviously. The MyDialogue, buttons and all, was simply not showing no matter what I did. The problem was that I had to SHOW dialogue to player 1 at the very end of the first trigger, a detail which was left out of your explanations. I thought this might help another noob who has the same problem.

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Nice tutorial, as always.

The reason I am posting this is to ask a question. In a minute or two I will have the answer as it is, but perhaps it should be implemented into the tutorial, in case someone else is asking the same thing?

You see, in your trigger I don't notice a:

"Dialog - Show myDialog for Player 1 (Red)"

As AceHart has in his tutorial. Care to explain why this is? It would make sense you would have to force show the dialog in the first place, but perhaps another action does that function?

Or perhaps there is another reason. Whatever it is, I am wondering why it shows using your trigger despite the fact it doesn't have the action to make it do so. General knowledge, and someone else may be asking the same thing.

Well, hopefully you find time to answer this, and perhaps implement it into your tutorial if it proves to have an significance.

Have a good one! :)

J

johnsalex

orc tamer i want to ask how i do the conditions part of the thing :banghead:

AdamGriffith

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Erm.... the picture doesn't show the trigger to show the dialog... bit useless without it... :p

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Erm.... the picture doesn't show the trigger to show the dialog... bit useless without it... :p

Sorry about that :eek: I didn't know those pictures where not part of my photobucket account

Here they are

Dialog.png

greenx5yy.jpg

triggereditorpic9kp.jpg

finaldialog0bw.jpg

Dialog3-1.gif

2variables3zt.jpg

Dialog2-1.gif

Admin please edit my tutorial since I can't :confused:

S

Sears

What if...

What if there is 6 people and you should give one item via the dialog only to red?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.