Tutorial Triggers for newbs (in 2 different languages) Netherlands and English

Chaz32621

Reaction score
y do u need to have it in two languages ples will they both get read. I thought this was american(English)

LoveTD's

Reaction score
Well its a good tutorial, sure. But apart from the fact you included a Dutch version, its pretty useless as we have some similar tutorials around.
Oh and you might wanna fix this
> and says the text message: A chicken can’t carrie a shield you morron -_-“
since that trigger actually displays "A chicken can't use a shield you morron -_-". And carrie is spelled carry, morron is spelled moron BTW :p

However this might as well be a good idea...it would be great if we could get the people to translate several of those major Ryoko's tutorials to their native languages. This should help those non-english speakers a bit, but then again it might prove to be a waste of time.

Sorry about bad grammar :p i kinda suck on school -_-"
And yeah I thought the idea of more languages would be a good idea and not a waste of time because everyone could sometimes make a mistake and could see a trigger as an tree... -_- nevermind about that :p

I might give it a go. Could translate some tutorials to Polish and Dutch.
if you could do that? PLEASE :p guys could really need the work.... need some more translaters and ill start an new site with all tutorials translated in verry much different languages...

y do u need to have it in two languages ples will they both get read. I thought this was american(English)

Thats why I was thinking of an new site for more languages...

Player - Set (Triggering player) Current gold to 0

Thought about it... could be verry usefull everyone agree to put it in?

unique tutorial lolx, got 2 language

> its not a waste of time if someone put lots of efforts in it, and that could help people, people who are not so proficient in English but good in other language such as dutch. that also promotes more people coming to this site
thanks, your another one to agree with this idea or not? thanks for comment I'll be verry happy now :p

Ow and sorry this is kinda (old news) but thats because I had no time I'd yesterday was like from a qaurter for 9 to 10 past 5 at school and then had to learn 2 tentames and it kinda suckt so had no time to put some messages :p so sorry again for the late respond.....

EDIT: ow b.t.w. should I make an translation to german also?

I

IKilledKEnny

I found this useful for new people, good job +REP to you.

A

Assuran_Zara

Hmm, I read the tutorial (I'm dutch-speaking too) and I don't find it bad but...there are some mistakes (like the real explanation for triggers for instance) that need to be set straight.

Don't get me wrong Sooda, but his explanations about the chicken example is good for dutch people. I understand perfectly what he writes.

Maar je moet wel je triggers linken met elkaar

bijvoorbeeld dat van die kip: elke keer je iets aan die trigger bijsteekt zou je de hele trigger moeten kopiëren, MET het nieuwe erbij.

Dus als je een een event plaats en daarna een condition, moeten ze samen in één nieuwe trigger geplaatst worden.

Snap je?

U

Ur-Quan

And just to add:
You cant make a melee map with triggers.
Melee=Map WITHOUT triggers and messing with object editor
Altered melee=Same but you can add some triggers and customise races
Custom maps=Completely altered maps

LoveTD's

Reaction score
And just to add:
I don't agree because
(Is this not a trigger? And if it is, do you think it's possible to not use this trigger but still make a melee map?):

Code:
Melee Initialization
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Melee Game - Use melee time of day (for all players)
        Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)
        Melee Game - Give trained Heroes a Scroll of Town Portal (for all players)
        Melee Game - Set starting resources (for all players)
        Melee Game - Remove creeps and critters from used start locations (for all players)
        Melee Game - Create starting units (for all players)
        Melee Game - Run melee AI scripts (for computer players)
        Melee Game - Enforce victory/defeat conditions (for all players)

What do you mean with Altered map?

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
And just to add:
Altered melee=Same but you can add some triggers and customise races
Custom maps=Completely altered maps

Sure you can. Just open the .j file and look for the pre-created triggers.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.