True Roleplaying - A Truely Open Role Playing Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
does it come with a way to move aroundwith keys? if it does then we will probably use it (unless theres a reason not too, but none yet) and what do you have againsts WEU persen? and what do you mean we wont be able to open your maps? are you using a different WE mod? anyway were using it, even if we dont use the advanced triggers (probably will just for the save, plus slide and any other we find a need for) of course if you can supply a smaller or more efficient version of the triggers we use then we will use them, but i would rather focus any JASS skills on things WEU can't do so this doesn't take forever to make (i do want to finish it sometime) and 256 by 256 is the map size, and and as for tileset i would say probably cityscape would be the best one.

edit - levels DO matter, a level 1 wont be able to beat a level 40 (unless the 40 just sits there) but the way the levels are set up is so that being a higher level wont automatically say you win (unless its drastically different) so you will rely more on your own personal skill. also while the terrain is being done i would like ideas for heros, and hero setup, all i know as of now is that the abilities will require some amount of skill to use and better use will make them more effective. send in any abilities you want. first post has more info on that.

Kitt

Reaction score
I ahve a question, will this be set up like an mmorpg? where people can go in and out. Or is it only a one player deely?

Meow.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
unluckily we cant make it a true MMORPG, but there will be a save system and multiple (probably 12) player will be able to play at the same time. also note that i want to keep the file size and lag to the minimum, hopefully under 1mb and no lag. this means no imports (unless they're tiny) and careful planning of triggers to reduce lag.

T

TOC_Cid

My application

I would love to be a creep maker for this map! When i make my own map, my favortie part is creating the units and customizing them! If i can find some really small custom models ill download them, ive got a few that might work to your standard

Sargon

Reaction score
TOC_Cid said:
I would love to be a creep maker for this map! When i make my own map, my favortie part is creating the units and customizing them! I will even take the time the get custom models and icons for them! Ive alrdy got a few so that reduces search time for me ^^

AgentPaper said:
this means no imports (unless they're tiny)

Yeah.

G

Ghoulfrenzy

I noticed in the itenerary that you didn't include Creep Work. When would that be put into in the schedule?

-Ghoulfrenzy

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
god point, i added it. and note that that schedule is a rogh outline and you can make any of the things you want at any time, as long as you know you will have to move it into the main map.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
okay, WEU map size 256x256 start off with cityscape, ive started on it now :), how shall i send the map when ive done my part?

EDIT: finished my part, its this wasted icy land, there a about 30-40 doodads, the ground is just 2 different variations of ice (couldnt add snow). The entire icy area i added a noise texture to make it look really hilly (not too hilly though).

---

I suggest in the story, there's a plague that has corrupted half of your town, the first town you move to starts to get the plague because of an infected giant demon that comes to the town. You have to fight itbut when you kill it you get the plague. You must then go to the glacier (not the wasteland) and rest in the icy water to calm it down, but that is when a boss arises from the water (the naga air unit (only huge)).

Hope you like the map.

~Jindo

P

Persen

Well, i use another WE mod, called (I don't know but i've made it)

And if there is some Advanced Trigger thingys you want to use, they're very easy to implement without adding all of the Advanced triggers.
Plus, if you use the Advanced triggers, the Map Script will be filled with functions, an if i am supposed to do JASS, i want to be able to use the Map Script.

Just don't tell me i cant be with you because im whining on WEU, if so im sorry and i'll stop.

T

TOC_Cid

Balancer(s) to make sure everything is balanced and smooth in the game.
-Krakka
-Toc_CID

Why am i a balancer? I don't mind being one i guess... but i dont think I asked
to.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Anyway, just wondering what i do. Do I just make a bunch of creeps suitable for certain ecosystems, and then send em to you for your OK? Or do i just wait for you to tell me what to do? Cuz I just don't know if im supposed to be currently making creeps

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

EDIT: finished my part, its this wasted icy land, there a about 30-40 doodads, the ground is just 2 different variations of ice (couldnt add snow). The entire icy area i added a noise texture to make it look really hilly (not too hilly though).

I'd be more than happy to make the creeps and/or story NPC/bosses for that terrain. (Not saying im only doing that terrain)

S

skinny77

Question

Er...How are you going to get so many tiles with the cityscape tile set? I don't understand how it can work, EG you cant have tiled cliffs in icey wasteland. Can somebody clear this up for me?

Then again, i guess i doesnt really mattter to me as im a player, not a maker. :D

T

TOC_Cid

Druid Ability

Ok i have this kick ass ability! It doesn't use any triggers, but i fing the art is really good! its called Call Tree Spirit and it summons the spirit of a tree to enhance the fighting capabilities of allies.

Code:
Druid Hero ability - Call Tree Spirit
[B]Level 1[/B] - Summons Maple Spirit with Tree Bark Aura (6.5 armor bonus)

[B]Level 2[/B] - Summons Birch Spirit with Tree Bark Aura and Moon Heal (stronger than Heal and has kool Art - Target)

[B]Level 3[/B] - Summons Mighty Oak Spirit with Tree Bark Aura, Moon Heal and Earth Aura (attack speed up 20% and movement speed up 10%)

G

guitarplay

im not a noob but im no pro

i can work well w/ units just modeling i dont like and im pretty goot w/ triggers and terrain,

i think id like to work on thsi cause itd be a good project to learn lots from
whatever u wnat me to do im used to being a solo creater and need to learn lots

plz let me do any work, even if it is jsut filling out long ass trigger

G

guitarplay

one last thing i forgot

i dont know how far il get but i just started working in blender. . .

depending on how long this game takes to make i mihgt be able to make someting

i dont know how to use it much yet but im going through toutorials and fooling round a bit

T

TOC_Cid

guitar, try not to double post, just edit your previous post and add on to that one

G

guitarplay

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh i didnet know u could do taht sry i joind today

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
uhmm don't get too started on abilities yet..
Finish terraining..
Uhmm since I have some free time since im thinking of ideas for my maze..
If you guys need back up on terraining, ill be there..

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    They are pretty much disposable. I have shitty nozzles though, and I don't think these were designed for how hot I've run them
  • Varine Varine:
    I tried to extract it but the thing is pretty stuck. Idk what else I can use this for
  • Varine Varine:
    I'll throw it into my scrap stuff box, I'm sure can be used for something
  • Varine Varine:
    I have spare parts for like, everything BUT that block lol. Oh well, I'll print this shit next week I guess. Hopefully it fits
  • Varine Varine:
    I see that, despite your insistence to the contrary, we are becoming a recipe website
  • Varine Varine:
    Which is unique I guess.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Actually I was just playing with having some kind of mention of the food forum and recipes on the main page to test and see if it would engage some of those people to post something. It is just weird to get so much traffic and no engagement
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.