True Roleplaying - A Truely Open Role Playing Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
well i dont want to make 2 threads unless i get my own forum, but that wont happen until i become a hosted mapper. and if you look back many ppl have said i should be one but it's up to TH to decide when the map is ready. and kCorb I'll sign you up for triggers, but right now we arent doing any yet so just wait a bit. and Jindo aren't you doing terrain for the icey wasteland?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
You guys can make a new thread for ideas or whatever for the map and if paper gets hosted mapper then those threads would move over.

Rad

Reaction score
Ok well everyone else is helping... seems like most everything is covered though, if you need any simple skins, icons, etc I could do that... I've never made a good 100% freehand skin though... so Ill do recolors, small edits... use filters... I can still make it look good but they probrably wont be as good as some of blizzards skins :rolleyes:

Also i dont know if u didnt want imports or anything, i searched each page for icons, skins, and models and i found nothing with those words in the post...

G

guitarplay

yeah im a little bit confused bout exactly where we are ??

i understand were funnishing up terrain but other than that its a blur to me

G

Ghoulfrenzy

Terrain is far from over. TOC and I are working on Creeps early. That's where we are as of now.

-Ghoulfrenzy

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
We probably won;t be using any skins, and hence no models, because of file space. however if there is no blizzard standard icon that would work for your spell and you can provide a nice low size icon then you can use it. Overall I;m goin to put a limit of about 100k on icon imports (for now) as I am going for this map to be under 1mb. (yeah right)

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
AgentPaper said:
well i dont want to make 2 threads unless i get my own forum, but that wont happen until i become a hosted mapper. and if you look back many ppl have said i should be one but it's up to TH to decide when the map is ready. and kCorb I'll sign you up for triggers, but right now we arent doing any yet so just wait a bit. and Jindo aren't you doing terrain for the icey wasteland?

LOL!! i did that ages back! i posted the map and now someone else is working on it, this is exactly why i wanted to do something else to help :p.

Also, it doesnt matter about skins, when the map is finished, you can add skins, save a copy of the map and protect the finished one (keep a copy for updating :)).

~Jindo

Rad

Reaction score
Why dont you make an external site where people can post what they have done and maybe have a chart... and its all good if u dont want many icons (Mine is 12kb alone... .blp form is 10.4 (whoop dee do 2kb...) DISBTN version is 9kb, 7.68 for .blp so we are looking at maybe 5 icons (including DISBTN if you dont want that pause - green icon)

O well its all good i gotta finish my own rpg (Not the tutorial one ^^) Im using lots of my own imports for that (My icon right there is a paladin, just gotta find him a good hammer and alpha his sword)

G

Ghoulfrenzy

Jindo, you going to do the forest terrain? I want to get started on forest creeps soon. The Arctic seems like the only terrain finished...

-Ghoulfrenzy

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
An 11 page thread.

I pray someone's actually DONE something in this time?

But I bet not ;)

T

TOC_Cid

Still waiting for Icey Wasteland....

im still waiting for the updated arctic terrain...... cuz its all bare and no boudries. Its pure bumps and that just looks wierd to me. I don't know where to put the creep let alone the boss! If i put a boss there. You could bummp into it even as a low level guy.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure i said this, but we arent adding anything to the terrain yet, just terrain and doodads. which means no creeps until terrain is done, so just hold on to them Toc. and is there any more work planned for the ice? if not then we should set out to do the next part.

G

guitarplay

waht is teh next part?? forest terrain or dessert or city

i still cant get straight which ones have been done

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
lol nothings been done, and kindos currently working on the icey wastelands. and we still need a progress report from him or at least some notification hes working on it, and then after he's done I will do the city terrain.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Hmm i just found a post by jindo with some terrain, but all it has is some terrain with ice and noise'ed ground. Anyway I'll take up his slack and do the city terrain now so we need someone else to voulnteer terrain now.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
TOC_Cid said:
im still waiting for the updated arctic terrain...... cuz its all bare and no boudries. Its pure bumps and that just looks wierd to me. I don't know where to put the creep let alone the boss! If i put a boss there. You could bummp into it even as a low level guy.

hmm, the creeps can go anywhere, i made a (sort of) ring of stalecmites for the boss.

~Jindo

T

TOC_Cid

I guess.......

Wheni do the database for the creeps and bosses library thing, should i wait till i am balancing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.