True Roleplaying - A Truely Open Role Playing Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
I am making a new map, codenamed True Roleplaying, or TRp for now. It will include many professions and trade skills, there will not be levels in the way we have it now, if you are level 16 and your enemy is say level 30 in fighting then you arent screwed. each line of abilities will get much better at first and slowly your advancement will become less and less each level. there will most likely be a save code.

What i need and who i have for each so far-

Terrainer(s) to make a varied landscaped ranging from icy glaciers to burning deserts to lush forests to thriving Metropolis.
-Jindo - Icey Wastes
-Killfest2 - Forest
-Maerlyn
-AgentPaper - City

Creep Maker(s) to make Creeps to kill that are adapted and balanced.
-GhoulFrenzy
-Toc_CID

Item Maker(s) to make the items and recipies for the large trade skill set.
-Maerlyn
-Krakka

Triggerer(s) to make the triggers to run everything in the game.
-AgentPaper
-Forceflow
-Persen - JASS
-Guitarplay
-kcorB

Balancer(s) to make sure everything is balanced and smooth in the game.
-Krakka
-Toc_CID

Testers to play the game completly and continuously to assure that there are no bugs.
-Chanta45
-Forceflow
-Skinny77
-Guitarplay

Heros- Heros will use a race and a class system. the player shooses his race, and chooses a class, and will get a hero depending. If you want to see another race or class, or want to make one of them, please post. (please note that there needs to be a model for each race/class combo, so some might not work)

Races-
Humans
Orcs
Undead
Night Elves
Trolls

Classes-
Warrior
Archer
Priest
Mage
Rouge

Skills- There will also be a skill system you can use, up to 3 (may change). Post if you want to see any not listed (not ones that get materials for the craft, that will be included)

Smithing
Fletching
Tanning
Alchemy
Scribing
Weaving
Imbueing

If you want to help out either post here or send me a message and I will keep this updated.

We are on...
Recruitment, planning, and ideas.
->Making the terrain and making abilities.
Creating the items and item crafting.
Creating heros and creeps.
Implementing other ideas and finishing up everything.
Initial alpha tests.
Fine tuning and polishing.
Beta tests / bug fixing.
Final release!

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I could suggest ideas :p.

Or i could terrain :D.

SUGGESTION: for telnted terrainers, look in the terrain contest thread and look at people's work, they're good aren't they?

~Jindo

G

Ghoulfrenzy

Great! A project made by a trusted member! Sign me up for Creep creation!

-Ghoulfrenzy

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
your both added, and ideas can come from anyone and everyone. wait a minute, when did i become trusted? :cool:
once i get enough terrainers and a plan out of what the terrain would be set up like then we can get started on that.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I think he means special member :p, you become special when you're trusted basically :p.

I suggest this to most RPGs and similar stuff:

a bank, you step in this circle and type deposit, you lose 50 gold and a bag of gold is moved into your bank account. When you stand on there and type withdraw, it removes all bags from the vault (there can only be 6 bags per vault), each bag should be worth 50 gold when used.

It is a good way to store money :D!

~Jindo

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
good idea, how about you go in and say -store $$$$ and that store that amount, then when you go back in you say -take $$$$ and it gives it back to you. this woyld be cool and helpful since i inted to have a way to steal money.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I always had this storyline planned, it really secret and im not telling you :p.

But i will tell you something quite similar.

There are these 5 spirits hidden around the map, you continue to play the game like normal but when you bump into one of them, they warp you to a flashback and you witness something devastating:

Spirit of Jealousy - your player sees his girlfriend seeing someone else and then they get married.

Spirit of Vanity - youself 10 years in your future, you look ugly and try to find a spell that will turn you into a handsome person.

Spirit of Revenge - You leave home to the market, you come back and find your family has been taken by a creature, you get angry for revenge.

---

Mostly you end up in the flashbacks and you have to put it right to avoid becoming any of those spirits.

- - - - -

Bosses - Assuming you have a storyline, there will be particularly powerful enemies which you must kill in a certain way (example):

Dev Nalnak (Giant Mage) - he uses his wand and he is on the other side of a rive, you must attack catapults in order to possess them so that you can attack the boss.

- - - - -

That's all i can think of for now.

Good luck with your project :).

~Jindo

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
good ideas jindo, i'll probably have something like that. just for everyone to know this will be sorta like a MMORPG in play style, so story is OK as long as it isnt map-encompasing. raids by bandits or caves with monsters and a random item or something is good. also i have a map of what the terrain should look like so once we have enough terrainers we can get started on that. also how would i qualify for a forum just for the making of this map? if this become large enough and lots of people join in we might need one. anyways for now at least we need to get the map started, and note that we will be using WEU so feel free to use anything in it (or DL it from the side bar if you dont have it)

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
This reminds me of Guild wars

GUILD WARS :( :( :( i cant play it until september when im getting a new comp!!!

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
yah i was syched for guild wars too and its a great game but UNLIKE guildwars the levels really wont matter since they will get better like a hyperbola, a ton at first then les later until its hardly noticeable.
Code:
 w     /
 e    /
 r   /
    |
    /
   |
   |
   |
   |
                                               level

like that. :D

anyway ill add you to the list for terrain - Rainforest

M

maerlyn

I'd love to help. I can do terrain (if you still need somebody) or items/heroes. I realize I'm new and that you've never seen any of my work, so contact me or something and if you like some of the stuff I've done, sign me up.

chanta45

Reaction score
Tester?

Let me be a tester, I am good at finding bugs and such and im on the computer alot so I can test almost anytime.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
ok your added too, and dont worry we havent even started yet. (although if you want to do a specific part(s) of terrain say so)

L

Lazyness

I could test this very cool concept at certain points in the week for long periods of time i can also host games so i will gladly help release it into the community when instructed to.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
sounds good lazyness but unfortunatly im going to have to ask you to register first.

F

Forceflow

Hey, I'd be willing to trigger and test, this sounds like its going to be a cool game! :D I can do most basic triggers, and I can find bugs and spots people need to work on, easy as pie... Mmmm... Pie... :eek:

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
forceflow added/bump

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.