True Roleplaying - A Truely Open Role Playing Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MagnumStick

Suggestion

I'm not part of the team, but I have an idea to share.

Give the archer a huge damage range like 1 die, 500 sides to represent arrows in a reality, more or less.

Just an idea...

MagnumStick

EDIT: ...maybe i could join...

G

guitarplay

everyoen must remeber that angent paper is still terraining right now and not many people are helping him w/ that (i will if u would like me to unless u want to urself)

ONLY CREATE ABILITIES THAT CAN BE EASILY COPY PASTED INTO TEH MAP
it does us not much good because all units, must be copy pasted and any varriables that are used make it verry annoying to copy paste triggers. . . just a reminder to wait til u have the map to do the actual work (go a head and plann out what u need and figure it out)
that goes for units w/ special abilites, all that stuff.

A

AddE

Persen said:
By enhancing skill i mean a skill that you can enhance certain stuff in the game like som items etc.

EDIT://

I've got a great idea (i think).
Instead of using player/chat commans like -save and so on, each hero has a spell book with game commands. That would be better than having a dialog for each command, or chat commands...

sure ill fix some items.. and that with spellbooks.. just like tell me your MSN or something and send me the map

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
guitarplay said:
everyoen must remeber that angent paper is still terraining right now and not many people are helping him w/ that (i will if u would like me to unless u want to urself)

ONLY CREATE ABILITIES THAT CAN BE EASILY COPY PASTED INTO TEH MAP
it does us not much good because all units, must be copy pasted and any varriables that are used make it verry annoying to copy paste triggers. . . just a reminder to wait til u have the map to do the actual work (go a head and plann out what u need and figure it out)
that goes for units w/ special abilites, all that stuff.

Triggers are just as easy to copy and paste.

TOC_Cid said:
Except that book would take up an inventory slot.

Vex has a trigger to create bigger inventory blocks. Go check it out (and comment on it)

G

guitarplay

Triggers are just as easy to copy and paste.

yes, but if there is a variable in it, it will be transferd , and it will be turned off, and the place where the variable was will be empty, and cahnces are when u go bak to change the variable in it, to a new one it will make u reset the entire trigger, or atleast thats what it made me do for my leaderboard

all in all im just reminding people keep it to stuff that can be easily copy pasted

A

AddE

So what.. shall i fix a spell book for you?

and whos the kinda "leader" of this project?

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> if there is a variable in it, it will be transferred , and it will be turned off

There's an option in "File / Preferences" that says "Automatically create variables" that helps there.

Sargon

Reaction score
AddE said:
So what.. shall i fix a spell book for you?

and whos the kinda "leader" of this project?

AgentPaper. I wouldn't go ahead and do anything if he hasn't said anything about it.

DM Cross

Reaction score
guitarplay said:
yes, but if there is a variable in it, it will be transferd , and it will be turned off, and the place where the variable was will be empty, and cahnces are when u go bak to change the variable in it, to a new one it will make u reset the entire trigger, or atleast thats what it made me do for my leaderboard

all in all im just reminding people keep it to stuff that can be easily copy pasted

AceHart said:
There's an option in "File / Preferences" that says "Automatically create variables" that helps there.

Behold, the answer to your problem, and the proof that you don't know nearly as much as you seem to want to sound like you do.

The project was started by and is fueled by Agentpaper.

I'd recommend an item instead of an ability, since I don't know if Vex's system of extra inventory works for extra abilities.

G

guitarplay

wow, thanks il admit i never knew that, (i hate variables sry)

i try and do as little work with them as possible but when i do i like to keep it simple. . .

im starting modeling, and after that im going to go ahead and learn as much jass as possible, then i wont realy need variables as much :) they just annoy me

Sargon

Reaction score
You're going to learn JASS, but not learn variables? You can't really do anything in JASS without variables that you can't do in GUI without variables. All you can do is insert the odd bj_wantdestroygroup line (or whatever it is) here or there. At least, that's the impression I get, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

T

TOC_Cid

Ghoulfrenzy and Agent Paper read this.....

Ok Paper, if you finish terraining in 4 days I can't do the creeps until i get back form camping. So Ghoul if he finishes you can make your creeps before me k? Ill make my creeps once i get back. Im only gone for 5 days.

P

Persen

Alexander said:
I'd recommend an item instead of an ability, since I don't know if Vex's system of extra inventory works for extra abilities.

What???

M

maerlyn

I noticed you put "rouge" instead of "rogue" on the first post and that irritates me. Rouge is what you apply to your cheeks. It gives a delightful pinkish tinge. It's also the French word for "red". A rogue, on the other hand, is an outlaw, or a rebel, or whatever you want to call it.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Persen said:

Ok, someone wasn't paying attention...

You guys were talking about a way to add in game controls, in a button, without taking away 1 item slot (if it were an item) or 1 ability (if it were an ability) and I basically made the statement that Vexorian (if you don't know who this is, you suck) has made a system that allows you to have extra inventory, so if you DO want to add this, add it as an item, and use Vex's extra inventory trigger system that's probably in his Forum on this site.

P

Persen

I don't like that system... I don't know why, but i just dont think it's a good way.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Persen said:
I don't like that system... I don't know why, but i just dont think it's a good way.

Thankfully it's not your game.

F

Forceflow

Hey all, sorry I've been missin lately, been REALLY busy, football practice and school and all... I'm still doin triggers, but can only do them on sundays and saturdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.