Trying to be original

D359

Reaction score
Hello everybody long time no see,I am having trouble with a map.I don't know how to make it fun.
For some time I had aserious lack of inspiration,and I could really use some help.I am triger noob,but with concrete examples,I can learn prety damn fast be it jass or GUI(I don't have any preference,I suck at both in the moment I wrote this).
What I am trying to do is to make a hero arena/hero defense map that can be played WITH or WITHOUT human oponents.

So basicaly I need to ask you guys the BIG QUESTION:How would you make a hero arena fun.Lots of random events?Lots of Sumonable Bosses?Or should I just try and make a Hero Defense Map which can be played WITH or WITHOUT human oponents.

sidenote:When I say a map that can be played WITH or WITH OUT human,I'm refering to those maps where all the players are concentrated in one force, if there are to few to play the game with the game room full or the numbers are uneven(for example say there are 5 players in total,2 in force A,3 in force B, and we need 5 more players,3 for force A and 2 for force B, but no one joined the f***ing game for over an hour,so instead of leaving the game we all gather in either force A or force B and play versus the enviroment.

D359

Reaction score
Could some at least tell if the question I asked is Taboo around here that way I would know to stop waiting for answers

Kayoss666

Reaction score
give it a bit longer. and its better to just make the map you want to make and post it on like epic maps as a beta and get peoples info on how to make it better.

Versae

Reaction score
give it a bit longer. and its better to just make the map you want to make and post it on like epic maps as a beta and get peoples info on how to make it better.

Do maps posted on epic war actually get many downloads if they are of an unknown name, especially if their title contains the words beta or alpha? From my past experience, people always seem to be reluctant to play on WIP maps...

Kayoss666

Reaction score
well i would give it a name even if it wont be its final name. and i myself am having a group of my friends play and test my map but i will post it on there too. and there will always be people bored and want something to do. you could also post a new thread here(in the proper location) and add a link to your map on epic war and as people of the helper their opinion.

its hard to judge how fun a map will be on its description/ base idea.

Kayoss666

Reaction score
but me, myself, and i would say the hero area map idea sounds more like something that would fit inside another map and not be its own map but thats just my taste.

D359

Reaction score
ok guys thanks for lifting my spirits,I already have a wicked item sistem planed out,and I'm beting my life no one thought of it before and actualy pulled it off,all I need now is a teme and some replies on my thread regarding AI boots,until then I will be tampering with a random melee map.If you have any ideeas regarding arena themes let me hear 'em.Some of my heroes actualy have an RPG-like synch.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.