Trying to get demoted

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, i just want to tell you guys, trying to get demoted in sc2 is damn hard.
It really is. I just tried to get down into bronze league.
At first i thought, thats no problem right? Just enter matched games and instantly quit right?

X_X it is so tiresome.
First, i didnt get any negative score for some reason. I lost like 4 games without losing score. I figured, i needed to win a game first before i can start losing some. <.<
Then i won a game and bam! i earned 35 ranks at once, going up from 50 to 15. Oo
Now, just try to lose, right?
Everytime i lose a game my ranking goes down like 1 or 2 ranks @_@. After 15 games i am higher then i was before trying to lose on purpose.

What is wrong with this game xD.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It took me 80 losses in a row to get from Gold to Bronze.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
How can you possibly do that? I tried and i gave up after 4 games... It too so long to even find somebody, then the loading time, and then, after that time, i didnt wanted to just leave you know, so i wanted to cheese a little bit. 4 rax, warp prism dt, etc. Just for fun, and leave after cheesing making him win still.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was just talking to people on Skype at the time and doing some programming whilst finding games :p

It did take a while, but it wasn't that bad. I just left as soon as the game started each time.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
How can you possibly do that? I tried and i gave up after 4 games... It too so long to even find somebody, then the loading time, and then, after that time, i didnt wanted to just leave you know, so i wanted to cheese a little bit. 4 rax, warp prism dt, etc. Just for fun, and leave after cheesing making him win still.

do you guys get like two accounts on different servers?

Cause im in australia so i play on the SEA servers but my star came with an account in NA too so i just use that for bronze :D best times of my life trolling in bronze
did i mention you can troll ppl in practice league as well :D

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, i dont think we got different account on different servers.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
You do realise that dropping games is bannable, right ?

Other than that, with a good BO you can get to diamond without micro (I proved it with my zerg)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Read this man's blog. If you don't learn something about getting into bronze about it, at least it'll keep you amused for about an hour :)

Start here on part 1: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?id=271453

Very nice find there, read that blog from beginning to end, can only encourage all others to do as well.

But i dont know if i could play 100 games doing nothing but worker rushes. I dont think i even played 200 games total (vs human players) since i got the game.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I only play custom games, i dont care about the ladder.
But some friends of mine wanted to try the game out, but there was no way for me to get them "an easy challenge" since i was previously placed in platinum league (before i started really playing the game) and in custom games you get very good players more often then not.
So to make them able to "get into the game" a little bit i would have liked to give them bronze or silver league players maybe.
Because, if you know how to play RTS games, all you need to learn is the units abilities and hotkeys.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Some options for you:

1. Why not just give him a custom game, standard map, with a random guy?
2. Same as #1, but both of you playing the custom standard map game.
3. Continue losing, and possibly actually raising your rank by some 20 once you beat a player.

All in all, props to winning more rank than you had before. Never knew SC2 metagaming can do more earnings than losing.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
1). As i said, in custom games you will more likely find experienced players. Rarely below gold league.
I play custom games almost exclusively and i always get quite good players there.

2). He hasnt gotten the game. Thats why i wanted him to play on my account in the first place.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Didnt play since then and i guess i dont try anymore. Its too much effort for so little effect.
I figured bronze league is probably full of masters league players trying to cheese newbies with a smurf account anyways.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
from first hand experience in order to stay in bronze you also need to lose games consistently.. which if you have played on levels of gold and above it's pretty hard to do, the fun only lasts for so long (Probs about winning 10 games to silver) before you rank up.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldnt be the one playing in bronze so the chances are that my account would be losing.
Maybe they wouldnt even play many games and at some point i would like to get back to diamond.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just to clear up for myself, the only reason I dropped myself to bronze was so my girlfriend could play some games against other people ^.^

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
If you want to have good ladder results play 2 hours, then rest for 2 and after that you can play again. When you play over 8 games you start to get tired and make a lot of mistakes. I should know :p

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
If you want to have good ladder results play 2 hours, then rest for 2 and after that you can play again. When you play over 8 games you start to get tired and make a lot of mistakes. I should know :p

He wants to purposely lose in ladder.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.