Trying to hook up my laptop to my Lcd Tv

Shadow

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Im trying to hook up my dell latitude e6400 or my HP Pavillion dv600 to my Samsung Lcd, I bought an hdmi cable only to realize the my lap top has no hmdi inputs. My tv has a vga input, hdmi input, and a usb input.

My lap tops
have
usb, s-video, vga, and a display port.

If possible id like to only have to run one cord that would include audio and video, so i was wondering what the best method would be.

So do cables that have hdmi to s-video do both audio and video or just video?

I also believe there is a network adaptor for my lcd would I then be able to connect it to my computer wirelessly?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Both your TV and Laptop have VGA inputs. Use a VGA cable (though that would only cover the video part of it).
As for the sound... Perhaps tying the two cables together would do the trick? :p

Edit: I think DisplayPort transfers audio as well as video, so a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter might do the job.

Shadow

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
yeah I suppose those vga to hdmi cables would transfer both video and audio would it?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I doubt it. The VGA output itself only transfers video. So using a VGA -> HDMI adapter would only give you video too.
DisplayPort -> HDMI seems to be the way to go.

Shadow

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
alright well I ordered a Display Port to hdmi cable should arrive here in a few days will give an update to if it transfers video and audio.

Yeah it works transfers both video and sound.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.