Turning a Cin ematic into a video file.

Hildagarn

Reaction score
How could this be done? I have a cinemtaic map for a chemisty project and I need it in a video format (video and audio) that any computer (or almost) could view.

mylemonblue

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
CamStudio works too, and it's free. Sound might be an issue (Was in version 1. But 2.5 is out now) though,

Hildagarn

Reaction score
I tried Camstudio, but warcraft 3 took up 1/4 of the screen on the finished video, the audio wasn't there, and the quality was terribad. Was I just not using it right?

mylemonblue

Reaction score
If youre using the newest version which should be 2 beta or something, there should be audio. other wise you could try the trial version of Fraps.

Hildagarn

Reaction score
2.0 Is the one I had

Edit: Ouch, I got the FRAPS trial and my FPS went to 10-12 and the audio was 10 miles ahead of the video...

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
Manually record it with a digital camera/video camera. Turn your screen settings to brightest. It should work.

DioD

Reaction score
fraps do it will, also if you dont have money for licence, you can easily commit some crimes.

mylemonblue

Reaction score
FRAPS has some settings you can use that will mediate the framrate for you.

-Half-Size: Exacty that. Records video at half the screen res. Saves a lot of file size, but idk about fps.

60 fps - Locks the upper framerate at 60 frames per second. Smoother videos, but MUCH larger file size.

30 fps - *default when loading FRAPS* Locks the upper framerate at 30 frames per second. Doesn't matter if you have a single core computer running Windows 95 or are running an 8 Core Mac with the best hardware in the decade, it's going to keep it at 30 fps or below when recording. This means generally it will be lower quality than a 60 fps video, BUT it's filesize will be much smaller.

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Doesn't googling free game video systems or something give you a ton of ideas and lists, and hypercam?

mylemonblue

Reaction score
I did that, and pretty much the best was Camstudio. Others were OS or even game unique. One required you to have an account on this one website, and only worked for a handful of "awesome" games. Warcraft 3 was not on the list, but WoW was.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.