Tutorial Graphics

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
Ill do a header... lets see if it turns out well..
if it does, ill try for the illidan one

[edit]

uhmm ok i tried.. didn't turn out as good as I expected..
thbannercopy1zq.png

i noticed the puffs coming out.. let me fix that.. 1 sec

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
I think the Gryphon Rider is cool, if someone wants to use that.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Well the deal was, I (unfairly) assumed anyone around here who could show me up was too busy (like, malice).

I will tell you, about 6 people have contacted me about it already. I havn't heard much though.

My problem is, I can't blend, shade, and smooth images together, and create backgrounds with effects, and I'd (like) something as good as the example sites (impressive, no?)

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Krakka said:
k.. i get you..
so nvm about my try...

Or.

You touch up your try. Or you start over after a few quick minutes of brainstorming a new layout.

You make something AMAZING.

You shove the fact that someone OTHER then anyone he wanted made such a GREAT peice of artwork in Ryoko's face ;)

He uses it.
You smile.
The world is happy once again.

I'd prefer the alternative ;)

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
SD_Ryoko said:
My problem is, I can't blend, shade, and smooth images together, and create backgrounds with effects, and I'd (like) something as good as the example sites (impressive, no?)

im confused about that part so I won't continue..
Ill have to make seperate pieces or something.....
:banghead:

Sargon

Reaction score
You mean, like layers? Yeah, that'd be a good idea.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
I could give a shot. It would be good practice, seeing as I've wanted to get more into skinning.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
my attempt:

I've tried skinning, was okay at my first one, 4.5/5 then it got deleted for breaking rules which i never saw on the rules page.

Anyway, got a template of a button and a background, my first attempt so hope you like it:

~Jindo

Attachments

• mytry.jpg
    mytry.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 332
  • button.jpg
    button.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 314

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
hey krakka and jindo how did u do those. To me they look rely great. Did you free-hand, or take a pic from WE/WC3 and copy paste?

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
jindo, you suck at rendering..
eheheh
you cut off the sorceress' staff orb.
When you say you skinned it, do you mean you use photoshop!?! or another program, if so which 1?

Sargon

Reaction score
PB_and_J said:
hey krakka and jindo how did u do those. To me they look rely great. Did you free-hand, or take a pic from WE/WC3 and copy paste?

Did you look at the link in Ryoko's original post? All the images are from there.

I think I'll try to make something from this. Give me some time, I should have a rough idea later tonight.

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
ya my internet is RELY so laty. When i openned this thread i saw the link and cliked on it but it wasnt loadin, so i went bac to the thread and asked how they do it. I went bac to the site... still nothin. I rf and about 5 mins later it came up. I was goin to edit but you beat me 2 it :(
Sry that I asked in the first place.

Sargon

Reaction score
OK, I have Photoshop in front of me, and I'm starting to try some stuff out. A few things, though:

My idea uses the Gryphon Rider image, and just extends the theme, so it'll be using the same kinds of colors as the gryphon rider is (sort of sunset-lit colors). Problem with that is that graytex.jpg doesn't fit into it at all (why do you want that image, anyway? To hide the black error text? :p)

What's the minimum header width you want?

How strictly should I follow that little green and black diagram?

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
what will be wierd is that if its all orange (well themed orange), it will not fit the black web page..
but just keep trying.. i wanna see!
graytext.jpg?

Sargon

Reaction score
Yeesh, man, I just said that it wouldn't fit into a black page, which is what he requested (he wanted the background to be graytex.jpg—go to the tutorial site and type /images/graytex.jpg to see it. It's a black box. Making that the background gives you a black background). If the site didn't have to be black, it would work fine. After all, he said he wants a skin for the site, not a header.

Edit: I made a rough version of a header. It's very much open for alterations. Also, I arbitrarily chose a length (400 pixels). If there isn't space for all 400 pixels down (and I doubt there will be) I can easily cut it all the way down to 250 pixels without really losing anything.

Attachments

• gryphonbanner.jpg
    gryphonbanner.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 300
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.