Tutorials, Tips and Tricks!

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
Making signatures the easy way

This tutorial will teach how to easily make a signature, before getting to know all of Photoshop’s filters. You can consider it kind of a guide for you to create your first few signatures, before going into the advanced stuff. While following this tutorial you’ll learn to do things on your own, as in a few steps you’ll need to figure out alone what to do, but still, you’ll be directed through the whole process.

Step 1: Create a new document (ctrl+n) I like my signatures to be around the size of 400x120. After that, pick a render, and by using the move tool, move it to your sig. You may want to resize it as well. I like my renders to be located around the middle of the signature.

Tut11.jpg

Step 2: Now create the background color, it should probably the general render’s color, or a mix of two or more if you would like to use gradient (one light, one dark). I suggest using the eyedropper tool.

Tut12.jpg

Step 3: Now we want to prepare to the smudging step. Duplicate your render’s layer one or two times. If you duplicated it once then do nothing, else, in each new layer move the render to a different location and then merge the two. You can merge them by hiding all other layers and then pressing on Ctrl+Shift+E. Make sure you still got the original render layer.

Step 4:
Now start smudging the duplicate until it looks nice. I like to use the smudging tool with 40% - 60% strength. Once you are done place the smudged layer under the render’s.

Tut13.jpg

Step 5: Now, play a bit with the smudged layer. Change opacity, add a few filters (such as ocean ripple, for example) be creative! Also, in order to make the signature blend better, you may want to erase the render, with a low opacity.

Tut14.jpg

Step 6: Now, I suggest going back to the second layer, the one that with the background color, and changing the color a bit until it suits your smudging the best. This step is optional.

Tut15.jpg

Step 7: Add a bit c4ds to make the signature looks more interesting.

Tut16.jpg

Step 8: If you are a bit familiared with Photoshop you can add a few gradient maps and photofilters.

Tut17.jpg

Step 9: This one is optional as well. If you wish you can add text to your signature.

Tut18.jpg

Step 10: Add a border if you wish.

Final product:

Tut1.jpg

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I would like to request a tutorial.
So instead of making a new thread I figured I might as well use this one.

Maybe I missed it, but I couldn't find any similar Tutorial:
What I want is a good Tutorial on how to use text in pictures. -How to blend them well, what font and size to use, etc. (Everything one needs to know about text. :p)

I bet more people than I have the same problem with text, so I think this could be a useful Tutorial. If someone skilled enough would be kind and make it, that is. :)

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Another tut, tag by .Arctic.. I binned it for 300 credz, FR, so I made a tutorial for it.

I forgot to post it, sorry.. :p

Link
Abstract.png

If you want to see a specific tutorial that has been gone of mine, just PM me and I'll check if I have it.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Tutorials + Tips and Tricks threads merge'd in an attempt to reduce the number of stickies :).

Happy helping, you may post Tips, Tricks or Tutorials in this thread :).

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
I would like to request a tutorial.
So instead of making a new thread I figured I might as well use this one.

Maybe I missed it, but I couldn't find any similar Tutorial:
What I want is a good Tutorial on how to use text in pictures. -How to blend them well, what font and size to use, etc. (Everything one needs to know about text. )

I bet more people than I have the same problem with text, so I think this could be a useful Tutorial. If someone skilled enough would be kind and make it, that is.

Unfortunately, that is a whole seperate art. Typography is to wide of a subject to justt put in a tutorial and depends more on the artist's views than any set parameters.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Yea, I agree with W/e.

But still, I suggest plain text that doesn't attract too much attention. Make it bold and maybe add a few designs around it; or even subtext.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Kasumi Tutorial

THe Stock Used:

kasumi-1.jpg

The Pattern Used:

planet_texture.jpg

Yep, the one Andrewgosu used in his planet tutorial. It is a great pattern.

Possible outcome

KasumiFINAL.png

Note: this one did a few alterations to the formula here and there.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I might continue the previous tutorial, maybe a bit later. Anywho, here is a new tutorial!

Want to create some awesome 3D vectors like my upside down sig or abstract shards?

Site Gone. I'll try to reload it another time.
Then this is the tutorial for you.
http://www.imagehustler.com/0308/1205003158.jpg

You can easily learn perspectives without even having basic modeling knowledge. :D

Atreyu

One Last Breath.
Reaction score
HOW TO CREATE A BASIC SIGNATURE ON PHOTOSHOP

INTRODUCTION:
What is a Signature?
- Signature is the graphic art usually found on below the user's posts. For the Hiveworkshop, I know you see the signatures below their posts.

Why have One?
- Well, in that case, its up to you....

That's finished. Let's get started!

PART ONE: The Image

In some signatures, you often see images and stuff like that. They're called renders and you can find renders here: planetrenders.net

Find the image that you want to have for your signature. For this tutorial, the image I want to show you is this:

Part1.jpg

That's Kakashi.

PART TWO: The Cut --

Well, you've seen the image, now you have to cut it. Why? Because if you don't cut it, the background would interfere and its in a layer - A single layer. So let's get started!

Use a Pen Tool or a lasso tool:

Part2.jpg

Part3.jpg

I would suggest Pen tool. Why? Lasso tool takes time to make and it doesn't look perfect in the end.

Start using the tool around the image and carefully take a look at the sides. When you're finished, you have something like this:

Part4.jpg

That's how its done in a pen tool. Nice and perfect. Then what do we do next? We cut it and finish it of course! Right-click on the image and select Make selection - As shown in the picture below:

Part5.jpg

When thats finished. You see a message popping up and says something with a zero. Just click Ok and it'll be fine... When you're done you have something like this:

Part6.jpg

Ahh.. A nice-looking cut eh? That's the end of the Pen Tool work. When you're done... You have to delete the background. Right-click on the image using the box-tool/Circle-tool. And select inverse.. That way, you're selecting the background not the image and just click DELETE. It'll be all white.. Select inverse again. Part two end.

PART THREE: The Transfer

After you select the image. Right-click on it and click.

Part7.jpg
Now, the image is on another layer. Now, create a new file with a size 350x120 - That's my size for any signature. Go back to the render file and click duplicate layer. Duplicate it to the New one. You might see this image when you've transfered it:

Part8.jpg

Well don't be scared. Resize it and it'll be fine...

After you've resized it, it'll look like this:

Par9.jpg

Pretty cool eh?

PART FOUR: The Background

Each image should have a background. And a signature wouldn't look nice without one..

Create a new layer and smooth it all up by using a render. I use a cloud render:

Part9.jpg

Use a black color if you want it to look like black smoke. You should have something like this:

Part10.jpg

PART FIVE: The Brush and the text.

A signature would look slightly better if you add brush strokes to the mix. Use any brush tool you have and create a nice effect that reflect your theme/Idea. Once that is finished, you have something like this:

Part11.jpg

Looks better now right?

To add it all up, Write a simple text that says... Anything you want:

PART SIX: The Finishing

For the finishing, add more and more renders. I used Lightning effects for this one:

Part12.jpg

Once you clicked it, you'll find something that looks like this:

Part13.jpg

Place the little circle to the point you want the light to be. I used the omni light .

Finally, change the color of the image so that it matches the background.

Like this:

Part14.jpg

duyen

Reaction score
^
^

You rendered an already rendered image...

backgroundtutorial1ht5.png

Please don't rip!

duyen

Reaction score
Sorry meant to say Phazon but oh well.
note: the end product looks better - this tutorial is just low quality.
plasmatutorialah9.png

Here's an outcome if you recolor the pattern to red:

plasmaeffect2wb1.png

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
I can read it just fine, and i'm sitting away from my computer.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
[Tutorial] Basic Animation in Photoshop

Photoshop is really weird when it comes to animation, so here's a few helpers.
I made this using CS3, CS2 is basically the same thing, to my knowledge.

First, make sure you have the animation window up.
01.jpg

Now, make a new image. Size doesn't matter.
You'll see frames.
02.jpg

Now, draw something, create another layer (ctrl+shift+n) and draw something on that.
03.jpg

Next thing, make a new frame.
04.jpg

Each frame is like its own image, in a way. Next to the layers there is an eye.
05.jpg

Now we want to select each frame and click the eye for one on each.
Each layer is basically a set of frames, which you can turn on (viewable) or off (not viewable).
06.jpg

Next we want to set a time for each frame.
07.jpg

And now we have a completed animation!
08.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.