Discussion Two finished NUON games that never were released - but exist somewhere...

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I know of 2 NUON games that were fully developed and ready for release but never came out due to licensing issues and/or the NUON failing. These games are Monopoly and Bust a Move. It has been a few years now and it is possible people have just forgotten that these are out there and what might have been too expensive to license and re-release might not be as much right now and might be viable. Who knows. Nobody is talking about it so that is why we are here :)

I cannot remember who the member here that developed NUON Monopoly but at one time they were on the forum.

I know K3V has Bust a Move but I also remember him saying that it would never be Rom dumped or something to that effect. There is a story behind that I hope he will share.

Anybody have any more information on these titles or know of anything else that might be floating around out there?

doctorclu

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
I'm sure Bust-A-Move (3?) was for copyright reasons. Pity.

Monopoly, haven't heard anything on that. I did once hear of a guy on the Jaguar forums that said he once had a prototype to Amaze, so I believe that is out there. And Amaze, strangely, was a game I was really looking forward to.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
I really wanted to see AMaze too. The Fungus was Amoung us!

sixersfan105

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
K3V's story about Bust-a-Move-4 is spelled out pretty well at Nuon-Dome here. It doesn't sound like it was a licensing issue but more like VM Labs was running on fumes by the time they got around to putting the finishing touches on the game and then they went kaput. The version he has, from when he was sent a copy for playtesting purposes, is not the latest release, all according to the entry at Nuon-Dome. I understand why he wouldn't want it released, since I'm sure he was sent it in confidence that he would never leak it. That said, fast forward 21 years later to 2022 and there's a decent chance those involved in the making of the game wouldn't care if it got dumped, Taito included. But what do I know...

ToshibaNuon

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
I know of 2 NUON games that were fully developed and ready for release but never came out due to licensing issues and/or the NUON failing. These games are Monopoly and Bust a Move. It has been a few years now and it is possible people have just forgotten that these are out there and what might have been too expensive to license and re-release might not be as much right now and might be viable. Who knows. Nobody is talking about it so that is why we are here :)

I cannot remember who the member here that developed NUON Monopoly but at one time they were on the forum.

I know K3V has Bust a Move but I also remember him saying that it would never be Rom dumped or something to that effect. There is a story behind that I hope he will share.

Anybody have any more information on these titles or know of anything else that might be floating around out there?
Sorry for being late, but I actually spoke to the dev of monopoly. when I asked him what happened, he said life got in the way, and I asked him if he had monopoly and he said he wouldn’t look because he had moved so many times,

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Had spoken to a former employee who said they would reach out to the people who worked at Fungus but I never heard back. Maybe I should text him again.

Please do and if you still have the contact of the Monopoly guy possibly he might be motivated to look a little harder.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
I am now focusing on speedball 2100

The question is how much does it cost? How much should you pay for these games? I can give them reasonable sales figures for a release but so much depends on what happens after. I can come at them with I have a ton of cash or I can come at them as a hobby guy. I am think hobby guy first but I am not good on split personality. One of my business goals that has nothing to do with NUON has alot of influence on NUON things that can be done so I am at a quandry. I am really interested in trying to use some money to get Yak in the forum for some Tempest 3K and his sprite library.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.