Typing Numbers on Chat + Trigger Response

Mythes

Reaction score
So, this is a new problem for me... Hope you guys can help me.
I'm making a game in which you have to type in the number of monsters that you want to face on each round.
But I have absolutely no idea how to make this trigger.

Explaining better:
Each player gets a turn, they type in a number (let's assume it X).
Then that player's hero is moved to a location where he battles a number X of monsters.
Meanwhile, the other players watch him (pause all units, lock camera on Player hero, etc).

How can I do this? Ideas?

Thanks in adv,
Myt.

Kayoss666

Reaction score
wow this sounds like the new chapter of fairy tale?
Trigger:
  • help
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing monsters as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Number = (Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 1, 3))))
      • Unit - Create Number Footman for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Dungeon1 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Camera - Lock camera target for (Picked player) to challenger, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
          • Unit - Pause all units
      • Unit - Unpause challenger

Mythes

Reaction score
Exactly that new chapter.. I'm recreating that xD
Thought nobody would notice hahahah

Thanks for the trigger, I'll test it out soon.
Never worked with substrigs before, so rathered see someone that already worked with it xD

Thanks for the help

Myt.

Kayoss666

Reaction score
yeah i read fairy tail as soon as it comes out every friday. and i would suggest putting it some where or makinf a thing of floating text pop up saying enter with the format of, 000 Monsters

Mythes

Reaction score
@Kayos
I pretend to do that later on, but that's just eyecandy to the game. First I need to make the F-ing multiboard work ¬¬ For some reason, it doesn't...

The trigger:
Trigger:
  • Scoreboard
    • Events
    • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.50 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
    • Set Total_Players_Challenging = (All players matching ((((Matching player) controller) Equal to User) and (((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing)))
    • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with (Number of players in Total_Players_Challenging) columns and 2 rows, titled Pontuação
    • Set Scoreboard = (Last created multiboard)
    • Multiboard - Show Scoreboard
    • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
    • Set Body_Count_Player[(Integer A)] = 0
    • Multiboard - Set the width for Scoreboard item in column 1, row (Integer A) to 25.00% of the total screen width
    • Multiboard - Set the width for Scoreboard item in column 2, row (Integer A) to 15.00% of the total screen width
    • Multiboard - Set the display style for Scoreboard item in column 1, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
    • Multiboard - Set the display style for Scoreboard item in column 2, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
    • Multiboard - Set the text for Scoreboard item in column 1, row (Integer A) to (Name of (Player((Integer A))))
    • Multiboard - Set the text for Scoreboard item in column 2, row (Integer A) to (String(Body_Count_Player[(Integer A)]))

The second collum of the multiboard, that should display the "Body_Count_Player" integer, doesn't display anything.

Any ideas why ?

And I've already tested, the body_count_player does have a value.

Imp Midna

Reaction score
erhm
Trigger:
  • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with (Number of players in Total_Players_Challenging) columns and 2 rows, titled Pontuação

Trigger:
  • Multiboard - Set the text for Scoreboard item in column 2, row (Integer A) to (String(Body_Count_Player[(Integer A)]))

So, asuming youre testing this in the we, youre creating a multiboard with 2 rows and (number of players = 1) column and tell the board to write the body count into the non-existing second column? Well, it would work playing with 2 or more players, wouldn't it?;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.