System UAC - Unit Aura Control

SanKakU

Reaction score
another question...although my first hasn't been answered yet...

ahm. does this system not have it's own damage detection system? if not, which one would you recommend for use with the auras?

edit: and i know it might sound like a stupid question, but how would you add on multiple exceptions? it kindof looks like normally you can only have the one... do you have to edit the
module UACFilters_Filter
?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> although my first hasn't been answered yet...
Which was that?

> does this system not have it's own damage detection system? if not, which one would you recommend for use with the auras?
Nope. Use any you want, it's all a matter of personal preference. There are none that work better than others with this system.

> but how would you add on multiple exceptions?
Use one of the filter methods (andFilterA, andFilterB, etc).
JASS:
method andFilterA takes unit whichUnit returns boolean
   return IsUnitType(whichUnit, UNIT_TYPE_FLYING) == false and IsUnitType(whichUnit, UNIT_TYPE_STRUCTURE) == false
endmethod

SanKakU

Reaction score
> although my first hasn't been answered yet...
Which was that?

> does this system not have it's own damage detection system? if not, which one would you recommend for use with the auras?
Nope. Use any you want, it's all a matter of personal preference. There are none that work better than others with this system.

> but how would you add on multiple exceptions?
Use one of the filter methods (andFilterA, andFilterB, etc).
JASS:
method andFilterA takes unit whichUnit returns boolean
   return IsUnitType(whichUnit, UNIT_TYPE_FLYING) == false and IsUnitType(whichUnit, UNIT_TYPE_STRUCTURE) == false
endmethod

which damage detection system do you use?
i asked something about tickers, but i'm not sure now what i was asking. i guess i don't really know what tickers are.
"i'm not sure i understand so let me ask...what does using/adding the tickers do? what if for example you wanted the aura to stun the units with the aura every 3 seconds? you need to times that 0.03125 by about a 100. doing something with the data.ticker will do that? what are you supposed to do, exactly? "

at any rate, apparently i was looking to find out how to get a periodic stun of all units that the aura affected.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> which damage detection system do you use?
I tend to code damage detection myself whenever I need it. Though I'd recommend Damage by J4L.

About the tickers: unitEnter, unitLeave and unitPeriodic are all called every 0.03125 seconds (by default). As such, units are added and removed from the targets of the aura at this frequency too. [ljass].ticker[/ljass] simply changes this value to another multiple of 0.03125. For example, if you want to stun units affected by the aura every 3 seconds, you'd use [ljass]set data.ticker = 3.[/ljass]. This will result in unitPeriodic being called once every 3 seconds, so you'll be able to put your stun stuff in that method.

SanKakU

Reaction score
would it be safe to put these auras on dummy units?

UPDATE: I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO USE THIS SYSTEM AND I THINK I GOT A GENERAL IDEA OF HOW IT WORKS BUT SOMEHOW I BELIEVE THE SYSTEM HAS SOME NASTY BUGS THAT I KEEP RUNNING INTO BUT I'M UNSURE HOW TO FIX THEM. SO UNLESS I FIGURE OUT HOW TO FIX THE BUGS, I WILL NOT BE USING THIS SYSTEM :(

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
Meh, such an old thread, but it's actually a resource and it's bugged, so I should bump it if necessary. And it is, because as I said it's buggy.

Well, I actually can't use multiple auras based on the same unit. If the unit already has an aura attached to it, the other one's ".get" method will return that instead, and not 0. I think it's somehow related to [ljass]thistype.typeid[/ljass]. I'd appreciate if you'd fix it, I have a few auras based on this system, I wouldn't like to rewrite them :(

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.