Ubersplats?

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me what ubersplats are and what they do, and what do people usually use them for?
Also, what is the difference between:
1) A unit begins casting an ability
2) A unit begins the effect of an ability
3) A unit finishes casting an ability

How do you use them apart from each other?
Thanks in advance!

perkeyone

something clever
Reaction score
i could be mistaken but if i remember correctly

im not familiar with ubersplats. i think they are special graphics for spells.

"begins casting an ability" triggers as soon as you click the spell, or in the csae of spells that need targets, as soon as you select a target. the trigger will execute before damage is dealt, before mana is used, before the spell cooldown is activated. generally people do not want to use this because it is possible to cancel the spell immediately after the trigger happens. but im sure there are some uses out there.

"begins the effect of an ability" triggers after mana is deducted and after cooldown is activated but before damage. most map makers use this one

"finishes casting an ability" triggers when a spell finishes being cast or, in the case of a channeled spell, when it is canceled. this is good for doing something after your spell takes place, as long as it is not a channeled spell because canceling the channeled spell will trigger when you probably didnt want it to.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
"begins the effect of an ability" triggers after mana is deducted and after cooldown is activated but before damage. most map makers use this one

If you're making a spell, DO use this one, if not, it can be abused

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.