Ubuntu 11.04 Beta!

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Awesome!

... I just wish Ubuntu had drivers for my graphics card.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I tried it out. I like Unity's search bar being similar to windows' in that it finds stuff (at least a lot better than Alt+F2). However, I hate its lack of customizability. I've heard it'll give you the option between gnome-panel and unity upon installation, and I'm planning on still picking gnome.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>>I'm installing the Server version on a virtual machine right now, gonna play around with it. Gonna check out the Desktop version soon too.

Don't you mean Ubuntu Server and Ubuntu. :p

How do you guys think this would run on a CR-48?

Zakyath

Reaction score
Isn't Ubuntu a soft drink with cola taste?

Ubuntu%20Cola%5B2%5D.jpg

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
Isn't Ubuntu a soft drink with cola taste?
Ubuntu is an african word/philisophy that stands for fairness and humanity towards each other. Both Ubuntu the operating system and Ubuntu the soft drink are named after that philisophy (the founder of the Ubuntu operating system is from South Africa).

This is the first Ubuntu release that I'm not all that exited about. Most of the interesting stuff seems to be in Unity and I have since long abandoned the default window manager in favor of xmonad. Upstart getting better is good news though.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Lol window managers...

Ubuntu is best for server usage, and thus, the server release is what is worth stuffs. Terminal for the win! :D

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Well, but what's so great about "Natty Narwhal" Really?

Well if you don't know the answer to that, then I'd say that this topic isn't really of interest to you. ;)
It's a new ubuntu release, and the other releases have been awesome, so I'd expect the same from this one.

As for Ubuntu 11.04 Server, I've set up virtual machines as FTP, lighttpd, and Minecraft servers while playing around so far. Haven't ran into any problems, and it all seems to run pretty smooth. We shall see.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.