ugh, I suck at VCR usage

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
OK, so i just bought a HS-U448 Mitsubishi VCR to record footage from my xbox, and right now it's output is working fine: I can play VHS tapes from the VCR to the TV. Its input however, im not really sure what to do. I have the conposite output cable running from xbox to line in 1 on the VCR. I have the VCR line out composite 3 lines running into the line in 1 on the TV. That last sentence is what is working fine.

Anyway, I can't seem to find a way to make the VCR use it's line in 1 as the output channel so it can both display on TV and record XBOX footage. In my other VCR, the channel up and channel down buttons on front set the output channel, and can toggle through everything from 0-125 AND input 1 and input 2. This new VCR seems to skip the inputs on its output channel toggler. Any ideas?

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
For these things there os usually a button on that makes it go to those channels, press all the buttons and you should find the right one because i'm not sure what its normally called.

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
Sometimes there's a specific Output button where it toggles through the different output channels. I would try not to press all the buttons though, as that could potentially cause some problems.

Or check for a switch in the back to toggle a different output.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I didn't mean press them all at once, I ment one at a time unless they say explode or something :rolleyes:

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
The channel switch doesnt toggle through the lines = (
and theres no other buttons on the thing that would do anything, theyre all the standard 'play/pause/bleh' stuff

ugh...

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
@KC-I know that's what you ment. Let's say you were working on a bomb. Are you going to go through and press every button to see which one disarms it? No. I was saying that going through and pressing all the buttons could potentially cause problems.

@uber-I'm assuming the VCR came with a remote?

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
hobo218 said:
@uber-I'm assuming the VCR came with a remote?
well...no.
sadly.

I have a uber pwnage universal remote though, if that makes a diference lol.

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
Sure. Try the uberpwnage super-remote and see if you can get that to work. :p
And also, you can go out and buy a remote for your VCR which might solve your problem.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.