UGL: Ultimate Gaming League

TFlan

I could change this in my User CP.
Reaction score
After 3 weeks of working on this site when ever i could, i have finally finished it!

Thats the ip for it, its in testing now so if you would like to go and sign up and see it for your self, please do, if you find ANY bugs or have ideas of improvements just go to the forums section and post a topic on it, or just post it here :D

Remember its just in beta.

Its run off of my computer at home 24/7 (most of the time, unless i have to do something).

So yea, tell me what u think.

:D

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Rad said:
He's running it on his computer, so it probably wasn't on at midnight :p

TFlan

Reaction score
no i wasnt acually

i was cleaning my computer and running some services to make it a little faster.

Its now back on and everything is a-okay

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Lol, I joined as Mosam couldnt use mase (under 5 chars)...

TFlan

Reaction score
i saw, anyone have any suggestions?

comments/questions/bugs anything????

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
how much of that did you make? You coded the whole thing? Or just based it off an engine?

TFlan

Reaction score
i coded everything, except the member system.

I got the member system (register/login) from searching google, and just revamped more than half of it to fit my needs.

Everything else i coded myself, the forums, pm, clan management, page system, stats, the works

----

I did try an engine, but i didn't like it that much so i decided to make my own

sqrage

Reaction score
Player 11 said:
i coded everything, except the member system.

I got the member system (register/login) from searching google, and just revamped more than half of it to fit my needs.

Everything else i coded myself, the forums, pm, clan management, page system, stats, the works

----

I did try an engine, but i didn't like it that much so i decided to make my own
in that case, you kick ass.
Anyway how is this gonna work? Like matches and stuff.
Also you should email the dota webmaster and tell them to put you up as a dota league, you can get more players.
get a domain ;p

Reaction score
wow thats tight, im learning how to make a site and everything, but you seem to do it very well ^^

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Heh you should affil with the dota league like sqrage said. Also get a domain xD it would be a lot easier for your members to get there.

I'm going to get a domain from mydomain.com if I get a server working, otherwise I'll probably find a host.

Reaction score
hey player, can you help me get my own server, and what does my computer need to be able to have a server like bandwidth etc..

TFlan

Reaction score
DDRtists said:
I found like 4 exploits in your site. ;P

mind telling me??

sqrage said:
in that case, you kick ass.
Anyway how is this gonna work? Like matches and stuff.
Also you should email the dota webmaster and tell them to put you up as a dota league, you can get more players.
get a domain ;p

Its not done yet, and im getting a domain soon, just gotta see if this will pick up in popularity.

DDRtists said:
Using port 8000 is a bad idea. Use port 80

Its not a "bad" idea, just a obsticle, my ISP blocks port 80, so i have to use another port, and 8000 was what abyss autodetected, so i stuck to it.

MeRcChRiS said:
wow thats tight, im learning how to make a site and everything, but you seem to do it very well ^^

Thanks! :D

mase said:
Heh you should affil with the dota league like sqrage said. Also get a domain xD it would be a lot easier for your members to get there.

I'm going to get a domain from mydomain.com if I get a server working, otherwise I'll probably find a host.

Im getting one soon.

Getting a server run is easy, most of the time it is just installing the server software and then putting the files in place. Then just open the correct ports.

MeRcChRiS said:
hey player, can you help me get my own server, and what does my computer need to be able to have a server like bandwidth etc..

If you can play most games, you can run a server. For bandwidth, im still figuring that out myself, this is my first home server so its allot of trial and error for me.

Whitesock said:
Looks nice. I've definitly seen worse, so thumbs up to you!

TFlan

Reaction score
ok i bought a domain name

So yea, when it redirects you does the address change to my ip??

sqrage

Reaction score
>>So yea, when it redirects you does the address change to my ip??

It cloaks the real address, which is stupid IMO.

TFlan

Reaction score
so, when u click that does the address read 24.34.128.8:8000 or theugl.com??

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.