Gaming Uh oh, people are now using AI to cheat in Rocket League

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I was skeptical when I came across a Reddit poster claiming they "for sure" encountered a cheater in ranked Rocket League. Uh huh, just like how everyone who kills me in Rainbow Six Siege is "for sure" aimbotting, right? Then I watched the video. Well friends, I regret to inform you that people are cheating in Rocket League.

The alleged cheater was actually on the same team as ghost_snyped, the Reddit user who posted the clip embedded above, which shows the cheater's perspective for part of a doubles match. I've been playing Rocket League for seven years and I have never seen a human being play like that at any rank. There are masterful Rocket League dribblers out there, but it'd be unusual for a skilled player to stay so rooted to the field—most throw in some aerial maneuvers here and there—and to carry and flick the ball that flawlessly.

Sure enough, this is a real problem: People have started using a machine learning-trained Rocket League bot in online matches.

The creators of RLGym, an API which facilitates the training of Rocket League bots like the one in the clip, knew their project could be used to cheat, but that wasn't their intention. There's actually a cool, non-cheaty Rocket League bot development scene centered around another API called RLBot, which enables the creation and use of custom bots for offline play or to pit against each other in LAN tournaments.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uh-oh-people-are-now-using-a-machine-learning-bot-to-cheat-in-rocket-league/

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.