Sci/Tech UK 'worst electrical recycler'

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A study on recycling suggests Britons are the worst in Europe when it comes to recycling electrical equipment.

Computer manufacturer Dell found that fewer than half of UK residents regularly recycled old hardware, compared with more than 80% of Germans.

Within the UK, the Welsh are the worst when it comes to recycling technology; almost 20% have never done so.

It is thought the UK creates enough electrical waste each year to fill Wembley Stadium six times over.

Environmental consultant Tony Juniper said that lack of awareness was a serious issue.

In early May, mobile operator 02 looked at what electrical equipment was inside a typical home. It found that there was an average of 2.4 TVs, 1.6 computers, 2.4 games consoles, 3 mobile phones, and 2.2 MP3 players.

Read more here.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I wondered how Britons react when they heard or see this?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Really? Then it's confusing...

Was that Scotland, or Holland in my head saying how they have been making big steps in conserving energy, and that they have made many innovations? I can't remember.

Oh well.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can't remember hearing anything about Scotland saying that. Holland may have though.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I can't really remember Scotland saying anything.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.