RPG Un-Named ORPG

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
I havent done much either. Met up with my friends but nothing on the project. I want to finish up a spell I made to learn more about structs then I'll get back to terraining.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Embrace and Welshir, you guys still active? Just have't heard from you guys in a while and I need to know if your still on the team or did you leave?

Embrace_It

Reaction score
Nope, I'm still on the team :) Sorry, for the long wait. I'm was a bit busy this week. Still working on Battle Charge, and I still cant complete Battle Rage till either myself or wellwish3r make the necessary modifications to the Melee Combat System as I posted earlier.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Ok, and just incase Wellshir is still looking at this thread, I've gatherd all the functions from the camera library for the inventory system. Its not that complicated as I thought it is, just I don't know what Vectors are. Here are the functions. I've noticed most of these functions are similar to the ones in wc3. All I want you to do is replace the wc3 functions you've used in your Camera System with the ones needed here and set the CAMERA to the Camera you've made. Here are all the functions and methods you will use:

JASS:
private function Matrix4Perspective1 takes MATRIX4 Output, real fovy, real Aspect, real zn, real zf returns MATRIX4

private function Matrix4Perspective2 takes MATRIX4 Output, real n, real f, real r, real l, real t, real b returns MATRIX4

private function Matrix4Look takes MATRIX4 Output, VECTOR3 PosCamera, VECTOR3 AxisX, VECTOR3 AxisY, VECTOR3 AxisZ returns MATRIX4

method Win2World takes real X, real Y, real Range returns VECTOR3

method World2Win takes real X, real Y, real Z returns VECTOR3

method ApplyCameraForPlayer takes player p, boolean IgnorChange returns boolean

method SetPosition takes real x, real y, real z returns nothing

method SetEyeAndAt takes real ex, real ey, real ez, real tx, real ty, real tz returns nothing

method SetYawPitchRoll takes real yaw, real pitch, real roll, boolean EyeLock returns nothing

static method New takes nothing returns CAMERA

method Delete takes nothing returns nothing

If you could make this, that would be greatly appreciated.

Embrace_It

Reaction score
This is what a vector is. A matrix can be looked upon as a series of vectors that can be used in 3d math. I'm guessing thats what this guy is doing.

Still, working... =P

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Only problem is that your link doesn't have Vector 3's. And the Camera system uses 3-D Vectors. Searched it up on google but they don't explain what a 3rd Vector is.

Embrace_It

Reaction score
It is the same, with the exception that there is one more dimension.

Here is a link that might help :) scroll down a bit...

Battle Charge Update:
Code:
The Tauren model is not suited for the animation I am trying to achieve.
I tried it with the Mannoroth model and it worked, not flawlessly,
but at least it responded to the animation calls.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
I think the tauren animations are too slow. Yea I already got what Vector's are and now Im trying to put both systems together. Its pretty hard actually but some functions are similar enough for me to understand.

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
Im still on the team, but as i told you I''m currently touring europe, and rarely get the chance to get on the web (I'm in Slovenia right know :p). I haven't gotten around doing anything for this project since all the time i spend on the laptop i work on my Extended Essay, and then i don't want to spend even more time on the laptop at a time when i could do a lot more fun things with some friends.

I should be back at the job by the 10th of august or so.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Looks like your having fun :). Im leaving for Alberta on the 2nd of August and coming back on the 16th or somewhere there. Im working on changing your camera system into the Camera library so I guess you probably won't have to do that. Have fun :).

Embrace_It

Reaction score
I really want to tour Europe someday or USA :)

@ wellwish3r: If you go back a few posts, I wrote a comment about your Melee Combat System and I need you to look at it, since my spell 'Battle Rage' cannot work without a modification to it.

@ D.V.D: I moving to my new apartment right now, and I'll be unavailable between the 29th of july and the 6th of august as well, so I would very much like one or two spells to make or something else to do, since I'm free for the remainder of august.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Here are 2:

1. Tremor
- Type: No Target
- Spell Description:
The Tauren Warrior slams the ground with all his strength causing a large shockwave that pushes units away with it.
- Note: Make units slide behind the shockwave or on it for about 2 seconds
2. Jump Strike
- Type: Point Target
- Spell Description:
The Warrior jumps at a target area causing damage in that area. This spell is used to get from place to place in dungeons too.
- Note: Make the jump rise up slower and fall down quicker but at speeds that don't make it look unatural so no noticable slowed animations(atleast not too slow).

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
@Embrace:
The damage variable is a leftover from a previous version of the system. Just delete it. As for the other part of your question, i don't really get what your problem is. The only "custom stat" that is added to a hero is the stamina, strength agility and intellect are all just the standard stats the hero has. So you can simply access them in you own spell. As for stamina, there are the two functions GetStaminaMelee(unit whichUnit), ResetStaminaMelee(unit whichUnit),GetStaminaRange(unit whichUnit), and ResetStaminaRange(unit whichUnit).
The GetStamina function just gets the current stamina of the unit, and the reset function resets it to 0. You should have everything you need to calculate the damage. Correct me if i'm mistaken.
On a side note: You can edit my system as much as you want, just make sure to post your edited version in the thread, and say what you changed, so we all use the same system and know what is going on inside of it.''

@DVD:
A jump spell in an rpg is not a very good idea i think, since that can lead to serious abuses/bugs when people jump to places that they are not able to reach. And anyways, the TC model isn't a good one for a jump spell. The best one for that (in my opinion) is the Blademaster, because his "attack slam" animation is just the perfect jump animation.

Embrace_It

Reaction score
@ wellwish3r: I see what you mean. I should have looked through your code a bit more. However, if a spell like 'Battle Rage' increases a unit's damage I wanted to increase the unit's strength, and thus his damage output. I see now that I simply access the stamina and set it to a new value. I'll make a function for that. Hope this clarifies what I meant.

@ D.V.D: As you can see from the above, 'Battle Rage' will be done soon :p
Consider 'Tremor' done too. I have a template for that kind of spell.

Also, I will not have access to the internet for a short while, since I have to set it up in my new apartment, but I'll post both spells as soon as I can. I'll write down some ideas for the Warlock as well.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Ok, cool. The jump spell might be needed for the dungeon. I'll see how it works out if it will get you into places your not supposed to be in.

Embrace_It

Reaction score
Tremor is done.

Battle Rage is getting there. Also, I have an aerial knockback system that only needs to be finetuned a bit, if needed...

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Ok cool. Im working on the interface of the game. Its really time consuming cause you have to use trial and error to get the buttons just right.

Embrace_It

Reaction score
Update

Heres a little update:
Code:
- Battle Rage is done
- KnockBack system updated with better effects
- SpellText library updated

I noticed that the AddToStruct functions in both combat systems, base the hero's max stamina on intellect. Shouldn't that be strength and agility, respectively?

I'm doing some brainstorming for the warlock spells atm.

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
I noticed that the AddToStruct functions in both combat systems, base the hero's max stamina on intellect. Shouldn't that be strength and agility, respectively?

I just followed D.V.D's instructions :p. But if i rememver correctly, the regeneration is based on agi, and the dmg is based on strength and stamina. I guess like that every hero type gets some sort of stamina advantage.

Embrace_It

Reaction score
Ah ok then :D Guess it works fine like that then.

Btw, I strongly suggest that we drop the Battle Charge ability *cry* since the Tauren Chieftain model is just not suited for the required animations...Just a thought...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.