RPG Un-Named ORPG

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
I haven't been working on the project for some time cause my laptop's fan is screwed up and we need to fix it. Also, Im very busy packing for mountian climbing for 2 weeks starting from sunday so until then, I won't be active. After I will finish the taure area at least before summer ends.

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
okay, ill be back in korea at the 8th of august, however i have a friend from germany visiting me, so i wont work a lot on the project, but if you have any more abilities, or other systems etc to be done, post them, then ill see what i can get done.

Oh and just remembered, ill go on working on the one spell that i was working on before i left (forgot the name xD).

@Embrace
plz post the edited combat system, so we dont get any incompatability issues ty :thup:

Embrace_It

Reaction score
I'm back now and I'll have all the time in the world until I start again somewhere between 1.-4. of september. So feel free to throw some spells in my direction :)

@ wellwish3r: I have made no edits to your system....yet! MUAHAHA... =P

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Im back from my vacation but my laptop is still being fixed. I only worry about one thing. THe terrain doesn't have a backup so if it gets deleted which it shouldn't, the project will fall very far behind. Embrace i'll soon get some ideas for spells.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Here are some new spells for the warrior. This text document has the done spells to in case people weren't keeping track before.

Tauren Warrior:
===============

1. Taunt
- Type: Instant
- Spell Description:
The Tauren Warrior taunt his surrounding enemies, causing them to attack him.
- Note: Not original, but more or less necessary.

//Done

2. Spirit Guidance
- Spell Description:
The Tauren Warrior asks his ancestors for guidance, healing him for <level> hit points
over x seconds. If the Tauren Warrior is attacked, the blessing is lost.
- Note: This should probably have a long cooldown.

//Done

3. ShockWave
- Type: Point Target
- Spell Description:
The tauren warrior slams his weapon into the ground causing a ripple in the ground to travel across a distance of 800. Does not travel through walls but can destroy certian objects.
- Note: The effect should be a shockwave with a actual wave in the ground. Use enviorment functions to create the wave.

4. Battle Rage
- Spell Description:
The Tauren Warrior goes in rage dealing extra damage to enemy units and also has a chance of pushing units away from him dealing extra damage to them.
- Note: Knockback is 300 range away, 10% chance

//Done

5. Beserk
- Type: No Target
- Spell Description:
The Tauren Warrior starts to gather rage and lets it out in all his attacks. The tauren warrior has a smaller cooldown and a quicker stamina regeneration speed and moves at a quicker speed. Only problem is that the tauren takes more damage when hit. The rage lasts for 20 seconds.
- Note:
Level 1: Stamina regenerates 5% faster, hero takes 4% more damage.
Level 2: Stamina regenerates 8% faster, hero takes 6% more damage.
Level 3: Stamina regenerates 11% faster, hero takes 8% more damage.

Troll Rogue:
============

1. Critical Strike
- Type: Passive
- Spell Description:
The rogue has trained for many years, up to a point where he can
easily pass through the defenses of even the most skilled swordsman,
cutting into their flesh.
Gives the rogue a x% chance to cut the target, opening a wound.
- Note: This affects the rogues other attacks.

2. Pinpoint weakness
- Type: Unit Target
- Spell Description:
Instantly seeing an opportunity to attack, the rogue strikes with deadly precision,
afflicting the target with <level> wounds. The unit loses life every second for 10 seconds.
- Note: Instantly adds the Wound debuff as in Elegant strikes.

3. Poison
- Type: Unit Target
- Spell Description:
The rogue's blades are dipped in toxic extracts, dealing <level> damage over
<level> time. The amount of damage dealt, depends on how many wounds the target has. Does not stack.
- Note: None

- Type:
- Spell Description:
- Note:

Embrace_It

Reaction score
Ok, I'll get back to coding then :D I'm in Sweden atm without an internet connection but will be home tomorrow afternoon.

Since there are 5 spells I assume they have to be in a spellbook? Also, what about the Tremor ability I made that you requested? :( I don't see that anywhere!

I'll get started on the Shockwave ability. When you say "Environment functions" do you mean the Terrain Deformation Functions by any chance?

Embrace_It

Reaction score
Berserk is almost done. Just needs some polish. Made a SetStaminaMelee function for the melee system. Gonna post it soon :)

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Im getting my laptop tomorow and acording to the company fixing my laptop, they will only change the fan so no data should be lost. Send me the spells EMbrace if their done.

Embrace_It

Reaction score
Berserk is done. I've chosen some ingame effects that can always be changed later.

I've added the following function to CS Main Melee:

JASS:

function SetStaminaMelee takes unit u, real r returns nothing

It's all in the attached map.

Beginning work on Shockwave, when this gets approved.

Attachments

• Combat System v4.w3x
    76.5 KB · Views: 236

Em'rak

Reaction score
I can't wait for this ORPG. The terrain in the city looks so awesome.

/wants these skills.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
I can't wait till we finish this project. I wanna see what the public will think about the gameplay. THe spells all look good except for battle charge which we took out. Tremor is going to have to have some effect changes cause once the shockwaves fade, it looks like the effect just dissapears. I will change the effects and start terraining soon and you could start the next spells.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Updated first post with finished systems and the tauren abilties as well as some rouge abilities.

With the mapsize increased to 8mb, Im going to change the desert creeps found to units like sandworms and so on. Im keeping the scorpions there cause they really fit the desert theme and maybe another race. I will update the forst post with the new creatures soon.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Embrace, what spell are you working on? I want to know if I could start working on one too.

EDIT: After a long time of not posting screenshots, here are 2 new screenshots I thought I might post:

Untitled-136.jpg

Untitled-137.jpg

Embrace_It

Reaction score
I'm working on Shockwave atm. It is done, but needs some polishing. Instead of starting on working on some new abilities, I thought I might refine all the warrior abilities in relation to spell despriction, eye-candy, mana cost and so forth.

Screens are awesome, I really like that terrain :thup:

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Im planning on reterraining most of the orcish area to make it look better. I also wanna try to release a demo with the orcs area done and one dungeon just to see if people have problems with the combat system.

Embrace_It

Reaction score
Sounds like a solid plan. No use making a system if people dont like it :p

I will be very busy this week, but I hope to release the updated warrior spells at the end of it, if not before.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.