Gaming Under pressure, Blizzard Entertainment may unveil Titan in October

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Blizzard Entertainment is under pressure to deliver something big before the end of the year, now that it has delayed Diablo 3 until 2012. It has plenty of options, but signs point to the company finally dropping details about its hotly-anticipated next online game, code-named “Titan.”

Blizzard is the developer behind World of Warcraft and it’s currently the dominant force in online. Its largest gaming event, Blizzcon, is coming up in Anaheim, Calif., in October, and is likely to be the site of major news announcements. That’s because Blizzard is now facing pressure from Electronic Arts, which threw down the gauntlet by announcing it would release its highly-anticipated online game Star Wars: The Old Republic in December this year.

“If they are holding any juicy details, it’s going to be announced at Blizzcon,” M2 Research senior analyst Billy Pidgeon told VentureBeat. “The big news is probably going to be a Diablo 3 date and a possible new announcement about one or more new properties.”

Titan will likely succeed — and possibly kill — the company’s most successful online game, World of Warcraft. That game is the last of a dying breed, a subscription-based online game with more than 11 million users that pay $15 each month to access the game.

Read more about it here.

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
Well, if let's say 15 million people will buy it for 100$, blizzard will earn 1.5 billion dollars. However if you pay let's say 15$ each month they earn this amount of money in 10 months with only 10 million people and they get it again next months even if player base drops.

So I would not be angry if they made it P2P, although I would probably won't play it and wait for private servers lol.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
I don't mind paying monthly for a Blizzard mmo... In fact, I prefer it because I know it will keep the patches and players coming.

That being said, Last year they joked about the WoW movie as well as Titan, so I believe it's possible that either could be officially brought up, but I doubt it. They could just hype up SC2 expansion material as well as Diablo 3 and announce Warcraft stuff and probably keep people engaged as much as they did last year (which really only had the Monk announcement).

This article is based on basic info and a guess. There is no new information here or anything that would warrant a story.

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
Yeah that is true, they know they aren't gonna lose fans if they don't release any new info about the Titan. People are used to prolonged projects and they just get more nervous, curious and impatient, because after all the good games from Blizzard we expect something REALLY EPIC to come with the Titan. Hope it will be at least as good as what we expected and got from Starcraft II.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am looking forward to hearing about Titan, but I agree that the announcement may not necessarily come yet, because as said before, Blizzard will not lose any fans just because they haven't had a new big game announcement this year. People are fans of Blizzard because of their current games too.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
"Titan" seems to be a Sci-Fi MMOFPS. Why do they think they'll succeed with it? There are countless FPSes and considering Blizzard is new to this genre, I'm pretty skeptic about it tbh.

But then again, it's Blizzard. And they never failed to succeed with any game.

Sajin

User title under construction.
Reaction score
I don't mind paying monthly for a Blizzard mmo... In fact, I prefer it because I know it will keep the patches and players coming.

Really? Because i'd prefer it be kept F2P because then they have to continually roll out content in order to make money, id rather spend 40$ every 5 or 6 months for a nice expansion pack instead of 15$ a month for nothing except the ability to play.

xPass

All aboard the xPass Express!
Reaction score
Really? Because i'd prefer it be kept F2P because then they have to continually roll out content in order to make money, id rather spend 40$ every 5 or 6 months for a nice expansion pack instead of 15$ a month for nothing except the ability to play.

I second this.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.