Underworld Awakening [2012]

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Trailer

Twelve years after the actions in Underworld Evolution, Humans have begun to hunt Vampires and Lycans, learning of their existance. The Vampiress Selene and the Hybrid Michael have been captured and Selene escapes in this new world where it's no longer Vampires fighting Lycans, but Humans taking both out with surreal expertise. While Selene looks for Michael, she uncovers a plot by the company claiming to be researching a cure for both diseases and learns that a whole new part of her life has just begun.

---------------------------

Overall, I enjoyed the movie. It was interesting to see the world where Vampires didn't have massive organized covens and weren't the dominant race they used to be in the first few films. Furthermore, the twist toward the end wasn't really expected, especially considering how the movie was talked about leading up to it's release.

I'm definitely going to be buying this when it comes out on DVD for my collection :)

Last edited by a moderator:

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Nice, I'm glad that you liked it. The ratings are eh-okay for this one, but I'll definitely check it out when it comes out on DVD.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I think a lot of the ratings came from how different the story was. Like I said, this wasn't Lycan vs. Vampire like we saw for three previous movies. Also, with the first and second film resulting in the deaths of virtually EVERYONE you ever came across, the movie had to create new characters, which I thought it did decently, all things considering.

In the end, Selene was the only character we recognized. Even Michael wasn't in the movie... [The actor decided not to participate in this one, which was publically announced.] When movies make such a radical switch, it's hard sometimes to adjust.

I will say that overall, I was a lil disappointed. I was expecting to see something very different in

A vampire and lycan working together to fight the humans. In the end, the twist was that the Lycans were secretly rebuilding. The big twist was that this time, the Lycans had the power, money and technology and the Vampires were the renegades struggling to survive.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.