Unexplained crash?

Hivoyer

Reaction score
So I basically just edited some tooltips for some structures in my map(it didnt crash before I edited them).Basicly they look like this:

Text - Tooltip - Basic (utip) |cff808080Construct:|r|cff8080ff [|rMining Facility|cff8080ff]|r
Text - Tooltip- Extended (utub) |cffff8000<Industrial Structure>|r|n|nExtracts materials from beneath the planet's crust trough any usable ''pores'' in the planet's surface.

And when I start the map it loads and somewhere at 70% of the loading progress it gives an error:

f01011339a8a6906.png

I don't get it?!I've done tooltips like this before and never had such a problem.I'm sure its the tooltips,casue I could easily start the map before I changed them and I didn't change anything else since then :( I even tried to remove the scripts and triggers and still it crashes so it's not from them either.

Hivoyer

Reaction score
Have you reset the fields and tried again to make sure it is this the tooltips?

yeah just tried that,it still crashes and whats weirder is that in the unit palettes the tooltips of said structures won't even show when i hover the mouse over them

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your World Editor is bugged.

Restart your computer and see if that helps
If not, it's time to reinstall I think :(

Hivoyer

Reaction score
EDIT:FIXED IT

turns out the editor doesnt like putting < and > symbols in the extended tooltip.However it seems ok to put them in the unit name

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
I think that's because the editor reads them as references to other values, which in this case don't exist. You could use [ and ] instead.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.