Uninstalling Beta Question

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
If i uninstall the Beta from my computer, will it also remove the Editor, or any custom maps you have stored/created?

Any help appreciated :3

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
What else would you expect after you uninstall? :rolleyes: I'd love to hear your tall tale.

As for maps, after I did my uninstallation, I did not see any of my maps. Unless, I'm looking at the wrong folder.

Saintbob

Reaction score
If i uninstall the Beta from my computer, will it also remove the Editor, or any custom maps you have stored/created?

Any help appreciated :3

If you go through the uninstall procedure it will remove everything to do with Sc2 Beta aslong as it is stored in the directory where you installed the Beta.

So in other words, all data including the beta that is found in the Sc2beta folder on you're computer will be deleted, Including the Editor.

Having said that, if you move the maps that you want to keep, into another folder, say a folder stored on you're desktop. Then when you remove the beta, you're maps will still be left in the folder in the desktop.

Hope this helped.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
That's what I'm doing, I have my maps in a separate folder, but I pre-ordered online so I don't expect to get the game until friday or so. But even still, move your maps to a separate folder and then uninstall.

I actually have an uninstall question as well. I have a Mac, and as you may or may not know, Macs do not have a set uninstall program like windows does. Instead I have to drag stuff to the trash, but this could leave some unwanted files if they're in a folder somewhere else on my computer. So does anyone know if there are files that save elsewhere that I need to get rid of to complete the uninstall? I know about the replays being saved under documents, but are there any other than that?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
You'll have to contact Blizzard employees about that. StarCraft II Technical Support forum is gone.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.